[Airtime 2.5.2.1] iconv error
  • Hello,

I've just decided to start my radio again and installed Airtime from source. Checked out the 2.5.2.1 tag and run the installer script. Everything seemed to be installed OK but when I tried to add new user and pressed "Save" button - nothing happens. When I try to add a new show in the Calendar - on pressing 'Add This Show' button, the whole section got greyed out and nothing happens.

I've noticed that in the zend framework log (/var/logs/airtime/zendphp.log) the following messages appear when I press the aforementioned buttons:

2016-03-27T12:07:00+03:00 ERR (3): [ErrorController.php : errorAction() : line 32] - Application error: exception 'ErrorException' with message '
    iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated' in /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php:549
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: exception_error_handler(8192, 'iconv_set_encod...', '/usr/share/php/...', 549, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php(549): iconv_set_encoding('internal_encodi...', 'UTF-8')
    #2 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Validate/EmailAddress.php(487): Zend_Validate_Hostname->isValid('gmail.com')
    #3 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Validate/EmailAddress.php(546): Zend_Validate_EmailAddress->_validateHostnamePart()
    #4 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Form/Element.php(1415): Zend_Validate_EmailAddress->isValid('skrechy@gmail.c...', Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Form.php(2252): Zend_Form_Element->isValid('skrechy@gmail.c...', Array)
    #6 /usr/share/airtime/application/forms/AddUser.php(135): Zend_Form->isValid(Array)
    #7 /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/UserController.php(50): Application_Form_AddUser->isValid(Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): UserController->addUserAction()
    #9 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('addUserAction')
    #10 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Req
    uest_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #11 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #12 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #13 /usr/share/airtime/application/airtime-boot.php(68): Zend_Application->run()
    #14 /usr/share/airtime/public/index.php(48): require_once('/usr/share/airt...')
    #15 {main}

==================

Moreover, when I set the output stream to Icecast to be encoded in vorbis, the airtime-liquidsoap module won't start and give error in the Status page in the WebUI. Chaning codec to MP3 fixes the problem but I'd really like to stream in OGG if possible.

==================

I'm using Ubuntu 15.10.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi,

I ran into a similar problem before, I did end up getting the problem fixed by hacking at the codebase bit by bit to fix the various errors (*VERY* lazy edits as well) but ended up taking the view that it is easier (and more reliable) to install on a different distro. I believe I ended up installing on 12.04. My errors were not identical, but my suspicion about the ones that you are getting would be that 15.10 has a php version later than what airtime is designed for.

(After installing on 12.04 the install went smoothly and I had no issues)

Hope this helps,
    Marcus
  • Airtime relies on outdated Zend which in turn relies on outdated PHP

To fix this, you need to replace iconv_set_encoding() in Zend with ini_set(), just follow this lead: