Remote access to Airtime
  • Hi people,

I'm a new user of Airtime and I installed the software on Ubuntu server 14.04 in my University. The problem is that I don't know how can I access to Airtime on remote way, I mean, I can access without problem in that PC, but I don't want to use Teamviewer to access to the pc and then to airtime. I know that exist a way to access through the web browser from my house, but I really don't know how can I make this.
    I imagine that the way is access through a public IP.

Note 1: I have a website if this is necessary.
    Note 2: No soy un usuario avanzado, cualquier ayuda detallada será muy agradecida.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hola! Install Airtime on a cloud server mi amigo!
  • I don't know how your university works RE port forwards, but if you really want it on an internal server you can go and talk to whoever your contact is for this sort of thing.

There are also really elaborate ways to bypass port forwarding using openvpn and some clever route management you can theoretically set this up with a cheap cloud server (from e.g. digital ocean for $5/m) and keep the more resource intensive software on your internal server. But, although this is technically possible, my advice would be to keep to the KISS (Keep it simple stupid) line of thinking and install on a cloud server not an internal server.