Advice on LiquidSoap and Airtime
  • Hi guys,

Thank you so much to the sourcefabric community for producing such a fantastic and useable tool for broadcasters to use ...

I'm hoping someone can help out here I am having install problems installing the liquidsoap-plugin-ladspa that enables me to use ladspa plugins. When I am attempting to do this I am getting dependency errors:

The following packages have unmet dependencies: liquidsoap-plugin-ladspa : Depends: liquidsoap (= 1.0.1+repack1-1.1) but 1.1 wheezy-sfo-2 is to be installed.

What are my options to fix this error?

Can I re-install another version of liquidsoap without this affecting Airtime installation?

Any help will be appreciated, I am a newbie to Linux :)

Thanks

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi,

If I had to take a stab in the dark about the error message that you are seeing, I would guess that it could be that airtime use their own repository which contains liquidsoap:

and this is where it is installed from when you install airtime (where the sfo comes from). Now, I would guess that airtime does this to make sure that the installation is not dependent on Ubuntu to supply the correct packages, but it seems feasible to me that this could cause issue with installing other packages.

DISCLAIMER: Although I am experienced in Linux, I have never spent much time with Ubuntu or co, so my knowledge of the apt package system limited so the above paragraph may be complete BS (someone correct me if it is :))

Most likely you will be able to install another version of liquidsoap without affecting airtime. To the best of my knowledge the only way airtime interacts with liquidsoap is via config files.

You will need to check the changelog, but normally upgrading/downgrading .x releases shouldn't affect compatibility.

I would recommend you carry out these tests on another test installation (if you don't have one you probably should) if you need the main one to be available.

Hope this helps,
    Marcus