How To Automatically Create Airtime Users From New 'Beatz' (Joomla Backend) Users
  • Hi,

I have a website which serves as a new music community whose purpose is to help artists discover & get discovered. It runs on a 'Softaculous'-installed platform called 'Beatz', which is basically a pre-built, customized Joomla 1.5 system.

I'd like to be able to allow users of this site to have an Airtime profile created when they sign up for Beatz, based on their Beatz credentials & information. The idea is to allow new artists to self-manage radio shows on the site, with a 'radio.domain.tld' streaming webradio station running on Airtime/Icecast2.

How would I go about doing this?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    -w
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Not Going to happen in the up to current Airtime up to 2.5.1
    but maybe you miss the boat.
    Since the 2007,and OOP ,there is less and less idea to have users directly input,or copy to your database.
    The nearest you get is  
    • you login
    • a profile is created of you
    • you are given a portal for yourself and any damage you do will only affect you
    Airtime use one central database ,you imagine if your joomla was compromised,then Airtime would be shuffling trying to find if it was on there part

Nearly all application now use an api,each individual gets an api key and profile.You mess up,you are blocked

So here is my recommendation 

basically
    • create 100 ,1000 or whatever and give them an initial password
    •  I know about drupal ability ,each person log on you give them a page with login in formation
    • you can search for random  with no occurrence under python or php (google is your friend)
    • then set up a dict,array or whatever
    • or design an api for your self
    Let me say this Joomla is Pretty and Easy but.. I think less and less application will directly interface with it

Or just Buy an Hosting Application

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.