Airtime 2.5.2.1
  • Airtime 2.5.2.1 does not seem to update the stream connection status when saving on the /Preference/stream-setting page.

If you run: "sudo invoke-rc.d airtime-liquidsoap" restart from the console
    it updates correctly so I assume this should be run when the stream
    settings are saved.

This should be reported as a bug in 2.5.2.1 but the fix looks fairly simple, get it to restart liquidsoap on stream settings save.
    Post edited by Andy Courcier at 2015-09-15 11:52:40
    AndyC - BlastFM Internet Radio Stations
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • The On Air indicator won't go on, even if I let the connector slide to Scheduled Play.
    So you hear nothing.

Also, the stream defaults to AAC even if I change the /etc/airtime/liquidsoap.cfg to make it MP3 (the .cfg file gets overwritten each time again)

Tom
  • Vote Up0Vote Down MaruMaru
    Tom, can you identify a specific error in the logs, which can be found in /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log, /var/log/upstart/airtime-playout.log, and /var/log/upstart/airtime-liquidsoap.log
  • airtime-playout.log does not exist unless in a .gz file

In airtime-liquidsoap.log I get a Connection refused

Unable to connect to the Airtime server.

traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/li$
    ss = ac.get_stream_setting()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/api_clients-1.0-py2.7.egg/api_cl$
    return self.services.get_stream_setting()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/api_clients-1.0-py2.7.egg/api_cl$
    f = urllib2.urlopen(req, timeout=ApiRequest.API_HTTP_REQUEST_TIMEOUT)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 404, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
    '_open', req)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1214, in http_open

Tom
  • I got the stream working on MP3 by using stream3, that one keeps the setting. That's defintely a bug.

For trying to fix the OnAir streaming silence, I changed the absolute paths in

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/liquidsoap/ls_script.liq

but this didn't solve it for me

"
    They are referencing the incorrect absolute path for liquidsoap_auth.py. If you change it to the correct path (in my case /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/liquidsoap/liquidsoap_auth.py) it will solve it. Do a search for liquidsoap_auth.py on your system to ensure that this is the correct location. "
  • airtime-system-check doesn't work, maybe normal for 2.5.2.1?
  • login as: root
    root@stream.twinmedia.be's password:
    Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 2.6.32-042stab111.12 x86_64)

* Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/

System information disabled due to load higher than 1.0

venet0 IPv4 : 37.187.177.179
    venet0 IPv6 : 2001:41d0:52:cff::5e2/56

0 packages can be updated.
    0 updates are security updates.

You have mail.
    Last login: Sun Apr 3 06:03:04 2016 from 178-119-184-212.access.telenet.be
    root@vps127664:~# cd /var/log/airtime/pypo
    root@vps127664:/var/log/airtime/pypo# nano pypo.log
    root@vps127664:/var/log/airtime/pypo#
    root@vps127664:/var/log/airtime/pypo# sudo service rabbitmq-server start
    * Starting message broker rabbitmq-server * message broker already running
    [ OK ]
    root@vps127664:/var/log/airtime/pypo#
  • /var/log/airtime/pypo/notify.log mentions that liquidsoap has started but the other source mentioned that connection was refused?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Tom, my first observation is that the stream configuration file is designed to be overwritten by the settings from the web interface, that is normal. Please refer to http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/stream-settings/

If you are still having problems, please post the details of your Output Stream Settings for stream 2 (except the passwords of course).

Cheers!

Daniel
  • The stream config is not my main concern anymore. It gets it stream mp3 config remembered on web stream 3 wich is ok for me, although is's a bug in 2.5.2.1. See liquidsoap.cfg attached.

See the screen shot attached, while having a show having its output succesfully streaming (viewable in the progress bar on top left in airplayout), and it's connecting from Scheduled Play to the switch, the right side from the switch doesn not lit up neither does the ON AIR indicator. No audio output is given.

Tom
  • airtime-check-system command doesn't exist anymore in v2.5.2.1?

• sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/tmp/airtime/media-monitor
    sudo chmod 775 /var/tmp/airtime/media-monitor

Now it works.
    Not sure if it was due to something else
    Also, the slider for "Scheduled Playout" must be moved to the left for the "on air" indicator to lid up.

Tom

• Just cried to soon, I had it broken already again by installing the Conduit thing for audioprocessing, after some search in Google and logs I found out I had to uninstall Gstreamer
    https://www.howtoinstall.co/en/debian/wheezy/main/liquidsoap-plugin-gstreamer/remove
    and this got me my stream3 connectivity back, sigh !

Just wondering, if we play tracks and the fade-in/fade-out is only set to 0.5s,
    home come that the track duraction is just about 2 minutes? This is anoying. How can we change that??
  • Airtime 2.5.2.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 VPS server
    1600 x 860 - 169K