2.5.1 media-monitor issue solved yet???
  • So, I have recently had to reinstall Airtime on a new server. We are not sure why our original install cacked, but it did. One morning last week I logged in and we were off-line (no on-air light) and could not access the library. Instead of farting around with the DB or the install, we decided to take the opportunity to rebuild the server after upgrading the OS.

We are now running Ubuntu 14.04 server (Tangy I think) and have installed 2.5.1 (because for some reason, 2.5.2.1 is not the default version).

But it's all ok. We managed to figure out how to move the library over from the old HDD and were back up and running very quickly.

HOWEVER. media-manager is not behaving. In the previous install (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS + 2.5.1) we experienced something similar, which caused me to enter a cron job for the top of each hour to restart the media-monitor. This was the only way that we could consistently get files into the DB, and make it seem like Airtime was working properly. In this install (14.04 server + 2.5.1) we are experiencing the same issues. When a file is uploaded, it seems to be random whether the media-monitor is able to grab an owner ID from wherever it is grabbing those from. Most times it comes back with owner id of -1 (admin I guess) and the file is not auto imported into the library, nor the DB. When it finds the correct owner ID, everything is ok. Also, when I restart the media monitor, they are imported, but under the admin ownership, even though they are organized under the proper owner ID directory in /srv/airtime/stor/imported.

If it means anything, just after I installed this new installation, I was able to simply copy something into somewhere in the /srv/airtime/stor tree, or 'touch' a file in the tree, and it would be instantly sucked into the DB. That doesn't happen anymore. So is there a process that I should be checking that for?

I've combed and combed this forum, and have seen many many many threads that describe this, or a variant of this problem. Yet each time, there is no tangible solution. Can someone, anyone, tell me if this is a known bug, and if so is it recognized by the developers? Is there a solution? I have read that removing silan may fix this, but may not. I have read various other threads, but none have a solution. I can't believe that I'm the only one experiencing this, it seems a fairly fundamental flaw in the way that the media monitor operates. 

I can post logs, whatever anyone needs, it would just be nice to not have to deal with this issue any longer, as it's very frustrating and difficult to have to restart the media-monitor each time a new file is uploaded.

Thanks,
    dave