Another Nightmare With installing Airtime on Ubuntu 14.04.Gosh! Its cockamamie
  • Regular I reinstall Airtime on my test machine but seriously <I think I am going cockamamie. Although everyone knows I am already Crazy so when something like this comes in I am so devastated.

On the 16th I installed Trusty only to see that the files are not installed in the usual public directory (/usr/share/airtime) but instead /var/tmp/airtime

I got paranoid ,start looking for hacks,intrusions,worms etc.

No command works and errors all over the place.

Now seriously!

We must feel like fools when someone comes in here and we try to help on issues such as 404 ,permissions etc

Come On Team

I feel to slap someone on the wrist for being naughty

Now its not my fault cause I install from all the other distro main and all is well. I also had install this just earlier this week.

Can I point you to something posted for ubuntu

By default, Ubuntu does not allow access through the web browser to any file apart of those located in /var/www, public_html directories (when enabled) and /usr/share (for web applications). If your site is using a web document root located elsewhere (such as in /srv) you may need to whitelist your document root directory in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf.

The default Ubuntu document root is /var/www/html. You can make your own virtual hosts under /var/www. This is different to previous releases which provides better security out of the box.

now  I am an not a whiner but really whats up?

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-07-30 00:54:02
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.