Airtime with AWS RDS Postgresql
  • Vote Up0Vote Down keonikeoni
    Hello,

I managed to get Airtime running on an EC2. 

I changed the database to an RDS hosted Postgresql (by editing artime.conf) and then I run the db-update command (sudo airtime-update-db-settings)

Airtime doesn't appear to be working, and I think it's because I haven't "initialised" the new database (e.g. created all the necessary tables etc.)

Here's an output from /login,

SQLSTATE[42P01]: Undefined table: 7 ERROR: relation "cc_locale" does not exist LINE 1: SELECT * FROM cc_locale ^
    #0 /usr/share/airtime/application/common/Database.php(24): PDOStatement->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Locale.php(9): Application_Common_Database::prepareAndExecute('SELECT * FROM c...')
    #2 /usr/share/airtime/application/forms/Login.php(49): Application_Model_Locale::getLocales()
    #3 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Form.php(240): Application_Form_Login->init()
    #4 /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/LoginController.php(33): Zend_Form->__construct()
    #5 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): LoginController->indexAction()
    #6 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
    #7 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard > dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #8 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #9 /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #10 /usr/share/airtime/public/index.php(64): Zend_Application->run()
    #11 {main}

I'm not sure if that update comman is supposed to create all the tables, but it doesn't. I can login to the database from the EC2 instance (via psql) and the database is there (name=airtime, user=airtime). But I only have the follwoing tablespaces

List of tablespaces
      Name    |  Owner   | Location 
    ------------+----------+----------
     pg_default | rdsadmin | 
     pg_global  | rdsadmin | 
    (2 rows)

Is there a comman to run to build the tables? Better yet, is there a proper way to configure airtime as modifying airtime.conf after installing airtime doesn't seem to make sense.

Post edited by keoni at 2015-07-15 04:51:18