Admin login failing with no captcha
  • Sorry guys i know this has been asked time and time again but this is driving me nuts.

I've finally managed to install Airtime AND get to the login screen.  However i dont know what the admin login is.

Searching around i see its Admin/Admin but that fails, as does using my root password and the passwords i set up on install.

How can i change or recover this?  Doing 
    sudo -u postgres psql airtime 
    results in "cannot change directory to /root permission denied"

I'm at my wits end....
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure airtime

pay atttention when you are filling in the information.

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • ok, here's what im doing as im doing it

create apache2 config: chose dedicated v-host
    FQDN: mackenzieabbot.com
    email: mine
    remove 000-default apache config: chose remove default
    enable icecast2: chose no

in console ran service apache2 reload

tried to login with admin/admin and got no error but now seeing "type in the characters you see below" with no captcha

Im a total noob at this so apologies in advance
  • ok case closed, i did this:

Why not just reinstall completely,I think the password is hash so there is almost no way of recovering it but reinstall

• sudo -y apt-get remove airtime && sudo apt-get purge airtime && sudo apt-get autoremove
    • then
    • sudo apt-get install airtime

maybe this will work

sudo -y apt-get remove airtime && sudo apt-get purge airtime && sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo apt-get install airtime

(ironically, one of your posts)  Thanks for taking the time to reply and helping a twit who cant search forums :-)

• Don't beat yourself up! The installer is messed up and still hasn't been fixed yet. Sorry friend...
  • That's ok.  I know zip about Linux command lines etc.  I only just figured out how to set /etc/host and /etc/hostname correctly.  It works like a charm now but now i need more disk space....first world problems eh ;-)