Some questions about LiveBlog
  • Hi all!
    When using the program, I had a few problems. I would be glad if someone can help!
    1. How can I edit a theme? I made changes to a file liveblog.css which is located in the folder/ally-py/live-blog/plugins/livedesk-embed/gui-themes/themes/default , but the changes were not accepted and appearance remained the same. How can I change the theme of your blog?
    2. I uploaded to the server the localization file with the extension .po, but it has not brought results: Russian language does not appear in the list. How to fix it?
    3. Is it possible to do to broadcast that I'm in your blog then transferred to RSS to broadcast to third party services?
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • Hello Butov Stanislav,

First of all maybe it wasn't put in the wiki but that plugin `liveblog-embed` was replace by just `embed`.
    ( It is kept for legacy code only ).
    so.

1. liveblog.css for default theme in the embed is located here `folder/ally-py/live-blog/plugins/embed/gui-themes/themes/default`  or better view in github: https://github.com/superdesk/Live-Blog/blob/master/plugins/embed/gui-themes/themes/default/liveblog.css

2. the process of localization and dealing with it is a bit complex:
    first you should add a Russian Language from defaults language or in a request
    ex: 
    for a newlly added:
    line 43:
    LANGUAGES = { 'en', 'de', 'fr', 'ru' }

or by request for a 

3. We don't support this feature now, but something can be build based on the api.
    Also in the plan for version 3 there will be more things like that and integration with broadcast services.
  • 1) You need to run `build-eggs` script in order to rebuild theme files. But currently it isn't working for me as expected. I have submitted a PR with a possible fix: https://github.com/superdesk/Live-Blog/pull/880

3) related info also added in that PR
    Post edited by Yauhen Kirylau at 2015-06-16 09:08:28
    Innovations developer, Sourcefabric
  • Hi Nistor!

I have again a problem. I make changes to the file liveblog.css in the directory you specified but nothing changes. After rebooting the server, no changes too :(

• Vote Up0Vote Down madhumadhu
    I am also experiencing same issue. How to cusomize liveblog.css?
  • I want to contact the developers with problems: 
    1. Can't edit the default theme. Change the css file, but nothing happens, the color scheme does not change. Installed the program on this tutorial: https://github.com/superdesk/Live-Blog/blob/master/INSTALL.md
    2. No integration with Facebook. Got the key from the social network, has been entered in the settings LiveBlog. In the panel have the icon of facebook, but the system is not authenticated and comments on behalf of the user facebook cannot keep. How to fix it? 
    3. Where can I view a detailed installation of the service with the generation of static html pages, since I would like to blog indexed by search engines.

Best regards, Stanislav
  • Hi Yauhen!
    I did everything as you wrote: replaced the contents of the file 'build-eggs'
    #!/bin/sh

python_cli=python3.2

current_dir=$(readlink -e $(dirname "$0"))
    distribution_dir=$current_dir/distribution
    ally_py_dir=$(readlink -e $current_dir/..)
    cleanup="$distribution_dir/plugins $distribution_dir/components $distribution_dir/distribution.properties"
    for path in $cleanup; do rm -r "$path"; done
    dirs="$ally_py_dir/components $ally_py_dir/plugins $current_dir/plugins"
     export PYTHONPATH=distribution/tools/distribute-0.6.27-py3.2.egg
     for dir in $dirs; do $python_cli "$dir/build_egg.py"; done
    $python_cli "$current_dir/plugins/copy_eggs.py"

I Replaced the css file values .container{width:600px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;overflow:hidden}.container{width:100%;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;overflow:hidden} ran the script again, restarted the service, but nothing has changed :(

And I would like to clarify which version of the blog, which is in this thread?: https://github.com/superdesk/liveblog
    Post edited by Butov Stanislav at 2015-06-16 18:15:11
  • Post edited by Yauhen Kirylau at 2015-06-16 18:28:48
  • Now everything turned out! Wonderful! Now I will deal with the localization and the generation of a static page :)

What can you say about integration with Facebook?
    Post edited by Butov Stanislav at 2015-06-17 13:12:02
  • Hi, Yauhen!
    I again have a problem with themes :( Established blog version 2-30-0, did everything as you wrote earlier, but nothing happens. What could be the problem?
  • please describe the problem more detailed
  • When using the program, I had a few problems. I would be glad if someone can help!
    1. How can I edit a theme? I made changes to a file liveblog.css of default theme, but the changes were not accepted and appearance remained the same. I run `build-eggs` script in order to rebuild theme files, but nothing changes/ 

Post edited by Butov Stanislav at 2015-08-12 12:29:12
  • Please provide the full path of the file you have edited. Probably you are editing already builded file instead of source one or something else.

• /var/lib/ally-py/live-blog/plugins/embed/gui-themes/themes/default/liveblog.css