add virtual host kills connection to icecast
  • Hello,

I can connection from airtime to icecast as localhost fine, but when I enable another virtualhost with sudo a2ensite example.com.confi, for example, it starts to connect, but gets stuck on "getting information from server"  I also have changed the default port from 80 to 8050 for the virtual host if that makes any difference.  I also deleted the default virtual host on installation.  I have debian wheezy.  Any ideas?

Thank you!
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Ok all virtual host has to set in the ports configuration of apache

so
    sudo vi /etc/apache2/ports.conf

look for
    listen 80

and type below that
    listen 8050

Kenn eth said:

Hello,

I can connection from airtime to icecast as localhost fine,

Thank you!

Iceast runs via a sockets so it should not affect another port unless you try running a service or another socket on the same port ,then the first ot grab the port will deny all others.

So unless you have

virtual host port 8050
    Icecast 8050

Kenn eth said:

Hello,

but when I enable another virtualhost with sudo a2ensite example.com.confi, for example, it starts to connect, but gets stuck on "getting information from server"  I also have changed the default port from 80 to 8050 for the virtual host if that makes any difference.  I also deleted the default virtual host on installation.  I have debian wheezy.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

deleting the default  should not  affect anything except if you had a service on it

you should look at your

/var/log/icecast/error.log

just uninstall and reinstall icecast if you mess up the configuration

But if it just say connecting ,this can be a wide Area of problem

look for my trouble guide and provide some more logs.
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.