Looking to develop Android App and iOS App for Airtime
  • Dear Members / Developers,

My friend and I are planning to implement Airtime Radio, and are also looking to develop a Native Android App and iOS App for Airtime. It will be great if any of the senior members can assist us in details and also if there is nothing available already, it will be great if any of the contributors can give us a quote for the customization and the development of Android App and iOS App. 

Thanks and Regards,
    Mohammed Azmath
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • I recommend you first of all learn the story of success of such companies like Spotify, Pandora. Take a look at this research - Spotify vs Pandora 
    For example, about main app features:
    Search option. There is no such option in Pandora Radio app, which means that you can’t find a particular song of a particular artist. In Spotify, you can find an artist and listen to his album. In a free version you can listen only shuffle play, yet in premium this option is available.
    Replay a song. And again, in Pandora, you have to rely on the system because you simply can’t replay and listen again your favorite song. Spotify offers the feature in premium account.
    Number of songs. The Spotify has more than 16 millions songs, while Pandora the app only one million. The numbers are growing, yet the the difference is obvious.
    Offline mode. Only Spotify can boast with this feature, not Pandora.
  • would love to use it!
  • Why bother with the app stores? Just make a nice HTML5 UI targeting smaller screens and more limited bandwidth situations. The current UI experience isn't so bad on a tablet! It's only terrible on phones.

What's sadly missing almost entirely are decent source apps. Those would clearly benefit from being native.
  • Have you thought of using a remote control for linux. I am new to airtime 
    and somewhat familiar with ubuntu so a project like this would be way over my head. Though I would love to learn along the way,which is why I chose linux in the first place. :)
    http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Features/Remote-Control
  • As Airtime is a system for streaming predetermined content on a predefined schedule, I do not understand the Spotify/Pandora comments, at all. It seems totally irrelevant to a scheduled streaming service.
    Resurrected: 16 May 2017.