Serious Bug: Airtime Goes Silent
  • We set an input stream up as a test so a live DJ can connect and do a show. Auto Switch On & Off were both checked, and the crossfading works fine when switching to the live stream and back to the Airtime schedule. The problem which arises is at some random point in the next 12~ hours, Airtime goes completely silent. I had to click the scheduled play GUI button over and over again until sound started coming out, and sometimes that doesn't even work. Another time I had to disable "Stream 1" by clicking on the check box over and over again until the stream started playing.

After the stream started playing, numerous times the sound dropped out again (over the next day) and I had to do the aforementioned steps. This happened about 4-5 times over a period of days. I finally restarted the server and it had only done it once after that. Does anybody have an answer to this?
    Post edited by Bob Larson at 2015-03-02 14:11:40
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Ii had a similar problem, it was due to corrupted files, (i remember something with AAC codec), what i did is just to check the /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log) for errors and i found out there were some problematic files, after i removed those files i had no more disconnections. It happens also with a live show stream. If the stream is not connected at the show start time. I am still trying to solve this live show problem.
    Post edited by Bashatee Radio at 2015-03-03 10:24:41
  • Thanks for your answer. The thing is, is that if we had corrupted files in our library the problem would surface during scheduled playback, which only happened after setting an input stream up. As long as no DJ connects, the problem doesn't occur. We have both Auto Switch On & Off ticked to off. I wonder what will happen if both of those are ticked on, yet no DJ ever tries to connect.
    Post edited by Bob Larson at 2015-03-03 11:22:52
  • I am having trouble as well with this. 

Maybe if you send the logs somebody can give us a hand.

sudo airtime-log -d

Are you using the soundcard output ? I do and this is what i found in the logs: 

[buffer_42012:3] Warning: #get called when not #is_ready! This is normal if an operator using this source has been unused while the source has gone unavailable. If unsure about this warning, you are very welcome to report it and ask for clarifications.

If i deactivate the sound-card output no problem at all, but when using ALSA or OSS it goes silent randomly. I read that this might be a liquidsoap bug on 32bit systems. We are moving soon to a 64bit server, I hope this error will disappear.

In your case, i read somewhere that there might be a problem if the DJ connects on a different rate.

https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/issues/66

Post edited by Bashatee Radio at 2015-03-09 06:17:34
  • Wow, the last activity on that bug was in May of 2014 and obviously it still exists, yet they can't reproduce it? I can reproduce it very easily and it sounds like you can too. We are using a 32-bit server also, and plan on upgrading to a 64-bit machine. However, in the meantime, a fix is needed for all those running 32-bit servers. We are not using the soundcard output, so that can be taken out of the equation. I will check the log files and see what I can find.
  • I'm on a 64bit machine and I'm having this problem! since the 2.5.2 update 

• a reboot fixed it..