Shows Are Taking Too Long To Start
  • I uploaded 3 hours worth of mp3 files to the server and added them to a
    show that was supposed to start 4 hours ago. The server still hasn't
    gone OnAir yet and is not streaming music. The first time I added about
    10 mp3s and it took about 15 minutes and then started playing.

Is there something I can do to speed up the process? Or something I am not doing properly?

Thanks.
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • After a third and final install, I seem to have made the most progress. I have set to mp3 only and reduced the bit rate down to 64 for now. Seems to be working a lot faster in playing shows at their scheduled times.

One other question I have...Does anyone know where to go and change the airtime_128 to myradioname ?
    Post edited by Jeremy Monroe at 2015-01-04 20:45:19
  • login to your airtime application then

click the tabs for

System ==> Stream

on the right-hand side where your output stream settings

look half way down and

expand the additional options settings and change to whatever you want

VOISSES
    Ps. Why you have to go down to such a low bit rate are you using a low end system
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thanks for the info Voisses. I had seen it once before but during all my reinstalls, I was lost. In regards to the bit rate, the machine is a AMD 64 system with 500GB and 4 GB of Ram but yes, it is low end. This is a test situation for a project I am doing. I have a dual processor machine that is substantially more powerful that airtime will end up.
  • Sounds like an issue with Silan. They eventually come up, right? Are your files consistent in codec/bitrate/etc or all over the place? Also, even a low-end AMD64 should handle three streams and then some. Shouldn't be much of a difference between a 256kbps MP3 and 64 either.

On the System > Status page under Service, what's the CPU % for airtime-liquidsoap ? 
  • Ive since reinstalled for a third time..and it was definitely a charm because its working great now on the same amd64 machine. I figured the specs would be enough from what I read but being new to it, I wasn't sure. I've attached a pic so you can see the status of CPU and Mem is now.
  • Cool! How many streams is that? What comes up when you run sudo airtime-check-system ?
  • And what says TOP ?

• Cool! How many streams is that? What comes up when you run sudo airtime-check-system ?

AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://mydomain.com:80/api/status/format/json/api_key%%a/xxxxxxxx
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.0-4-686-pae
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = i686
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 4392120
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 7860220
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Debian GNU/Linux 7.7 (wheezy) i686
    CPU                            = AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 4245
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 88035
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.3%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.4%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 4342
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 88026
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0.5%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 7.4%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 4217
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 88035
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0.2%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

And what says TOP ?

What is TOP?
  • Oh. I thought you meant something Airtime related.
  • Is this on a cheap VPS?

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • I beg your pardon? That's absurd. I have it on Godaddy's shared hosting plan that I pay a whopping $6.99/month!

Just kidding. Its on a dedicated server and running fine now. Third time I installed it worked like a charm. I have little over 5megabit up and 80megabit down connection and all gigabit networking gear. Blazing fast right now. So...I am very happy.