Anyway to force meta update in airtime?
  • Hey guys,

I'm using the trick of scheduling repeating shows with linked content by replacing the same file with an updated version of the show mp3 files.

This works, but only if the show files are exactly the same length.

For example : the main "dummy" file is 01:00:00 in length, if it is replaced by a file that is 01:02:00 (for instance) it will restart itself at random points during the show.

I've tried to compensate for this by making the dummy shows longer than any of the replacement files will ever be, (dummy set to 01:20:00 for example), knowing that NO shows will ever be this long, but it still restarts itself. Not every time and not on every show. It's entirely random. Some shows it plays just fine, others it will restart. The same show file can play twice, at different times, and one time it will play fine, another it will restart at a random point.

This is obviously due to the way that airtime doesn't reload the length meta once a file is already scheduled in a show. (Although it does actually update the length of the file in the info bar when you click on "show content", but the orange timeline below doesn't recognise the new file length at all.

Is there anyway to force update that information for scheduled files on file import?

Cheers

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • I hope I find it.
    I had a python script  with mutagen that I run as a cronjob every 30sec that re-writes the meta-tag .
    This would serves the purpose you define.
    In the mean time see if you can sort it out here

https://code.google.com/p/mutagen/wiki/Tutorial

If I find it I will PM it to you.

But remember its best to fixed the metadata before ingestion and so your strategy have to be fixed it before upload.

VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Has this issue been resolved yet?

1. We play a news item at the top of the hour
    2. "News Item" is a file in Air Time Library that lives in a watch folder
    3. "News Item" is updated every hour (cron, python, etc)
    4. Proper meta data are included in "News Item" before placing it in the watch folder
    5. "News Item" length isn't always exactly the same (it changes by a few seconds, sometimes more)
    6. Airtime will repeat "News Item" if its length is shorter than what it was when it was placed in the show (manually, or through a linked show), or it will cut off the news item if its length is longer than what it was when it was placed in the show.

Issue: If the duration of an item scheduled in a show changes, the length of the item in the show does not change.

This has been reported here as well.

So many Radio stations I know in NZ play news that they ingest into their systems. Yes, the big guys always produce news at exactly 5:00:00, but many of the smaller and community stations (the ones who would love to use Airtime) don't.