System > Stream Settings > Global Settings > Stream Label
  • Hello! Anyone experiment with changing Stream Label settings in the sauce?

Would be nice to see "Artist - Title - Album"

or even better...

"Artist - Title - Album - Label"

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Most media players are design to output the information for Artist and Title.This is adopted overall as the standard.
    In about Line 199 of the sub-function external.liq (under utils liq) only artist and title.

Although you will find that these settings of Stream label as is are more cosmetic and they are used mostly for off line meta you can customise them.

In my post here

and here

I show you how to modifed these .Bear in mind that only album and station name are the only too additional variable and so if you want  say album information  you have to  modified it as

default = rewrite_metadata([(!ref_off_air_meta,"artist" ),("+","title" ),("+","album" )], default)

it will not show in your player now playing or currently playing but if you have a player like vlc ,look under tools metadata information you will see album information.

Well just to say,as you may have notice in a vanilla installation,The settings do nothing

Good luck

Vvoisses

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • What do you mean by "... in a vanilla installation, the settings do nothing" ?

edit: derp
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2014-08-06 03:03:50
  • Vanilla installs or Virgin(sounds discriminatory,so I do not use it) installs are installs with no modifications.
    That is you just download the package ,install it and use it as-is.

VLC only have Track Related information (artist,album,title,genre,compser etc)

Use Amarok instead you get a broader set of information.An Amarok is my choice of media player

VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.