Airtime 2.5
  • I have a question, I do not know if you can help me with that.
    I am using Airtime 2.5.1 with Ubuntu 12.10 x86 in VPS.
    The only problem I have is the several repeting tracks in my playlist appearing each load of track, for example:

As you can see here, the playlist seems to be "well played" by Airtime:

Any idea how to solve this? It happens 24 hours with this shoutcast account (V2), and testing in another (V1), happens the same.

Thanks!

Emerson 

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • make sure you have version 2.5.1.3 but using this command

apt-cache policy airtime

The developer fix the notification to liquidsoap problem

then try and use the simple script ,I outline in this post

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15711/liquidsoap-tunein-com-now-playing-implementation

it will only change on metadata change

YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THE TUNE IN INFORMATION PUT WHATEVER YOU WANT AND THE LOCAL PHP SCRIPT AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE

apt-cache policy airtime

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hello Emerson!

Going to assume it'll be fixed during the refactoring effort for Airtime 2.6 -- but hopefully sooner. :-SS
  • As I said in this post
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15711/liquidsoap-tunein-com-now-playing-implementation

Just a sample of what the metadata.txt looks like

at 31 pass the hour  there is two international newscast notice the start and stop time
    at 45 pass the weather report for three different cities
    at toh is the time of the day and during specific time their is news

notice no duplicate tracks etc"

I have about 10 days  of history (I upgrade to 2.5.1.3 which in fact had the security upgrades).
    I have no duplicates,so seems like magic has worked. note I also submit a sample script

I also listen to Hit-Mix UK  tune-in for a day and they seems not to have any duplicates,so maybe someone need to contact them and see what is there formula

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-08-05 15:44:31
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I'm not using any scripts -- just Airtime 2.5.1 cleanly installed w/ Icecast 2.3.3-kh7 on a completely separate virtual server.

@-)
  • Thanks!!! I will try this right now!
  • Sorry, I coul not find the 2.5.1.3 update. Only 2.5.1.a, and I had trouble with that. I had to reinstall Ubuntu. So, I am not happy with that. 
    Thanks indeed.