Can't upgrade to 2.5.1 from 2.4.0 NGINX
  • When I run the airtime-full-install-nginx script it stops when it tries to start apache. So maybe something is wrong with install script? Also, it does not seem to be detecting my previous installation. I manually installed 2.4.0 so that is why I am using the manual install method. 
  • 15 Comments sorted by
  • I am still not able to do this. Any ideas?  
  • Not sure what I wrote to make you think this is not running on Ubuntu. It is.
  • Using NGINX.
  • Airtime and one website.

Airtime is running on port 8080. I've been running Airtime with NGINX since 2.3. I think something is up with the airtime-full-install-nginx script. For one it is not detecting the previous installation and at the end its trying to start apache :-/
  • Interesting. I went back a version to 2.5.0 and was able to upgrade succesfully. The nginx script detected my previous install and all went smoothly. Then went to upgrade to 2.5.1 but no joy. nginx script still trying to start apache.

error attached

http://pastebin.com/r9eugD9b

ive reached out to the dev for his thoughts.
  • So simple!

The install script for 2.5.1 has a new line which attempts to restart apache even if it is not installed. Used meld diff tool to find it even though it is so obvious! commented out that line and 2.5.1 intalled without hitch.
  • Almost forgot! Which line is it so it can be fixed?
  • I've submitted a bug report
  • Hey friend! Only Debian and Ubuntu are supported. Everything else is uncharted territory... use at your own risk... here be dragons... et cetera 
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2014-07-05 13:06:07
  • Yeah? My bad! Are you using Apache or NGINX? Wouldn't use anything other than Apache as support for NGINX is still in its infancy... as you've discovered :)
  • With multiple other sites or Airtime exclusively?
  • Why'd you switch to port 8080 rather than using the default of 80? That probably has something to do with it... :)

Edit: Move your website to a different server!
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2014-07-05 23:21:33
  • Did you move Airtime back to port 80 and move your websites to a separate server? You're attempting to do too much with one machine friend!
  • Yay!   <:-P
  • Awesome! Thank you Sal!!  ^:)^