Trance-Energy Radio needs Airtime help! Live streaming a gig
  • Hello again Airtime Support! :)
    We're back with...another problem.
    As we already seen, to broadcast live with Airtime we need Mixx software.
    A few days ago a club owner that will have several gigs in next months asked us to stream live thie shows and we'll be glad to do it because the LineUp of that gigs is great.
    All okey 'till here :)
    I've installed Mixxx software on my PC so I can test it and be sure how it works, and so I can give clear ideeas to club owner.
    And here comes the..."Oh Sh*t" part. I configured the Mixxx, seted the things in airtime and... Mixxx can't connect to the server.
    That was problem number one. 2nd problem, can anyone explain how the configuration can be for Mixxx to play from Djs tools and send into Airtime?
    Like....   Dj Tools -> Mixxx -> Airtime .
    I'm new in this field and that's why I'm asking.
    I'm askin' AIRTIME because the Mixxx crew seams is DEAD for some reasons and noone can get them alive.
    Thank You!
    P.S. If there's another way PLEASE let me know!
    Post edited by Pepo Tzacanitu at 2014-05-26 20:16:04
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    I had Hell configure MiXXX to stream on windows.

Follow this step exactly for windows http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/internet_broadcasting
    You have to pay attention to the lame version.Use any other  (like the audacity one and you will have problem)

Tell me what is Dj tools?,

I might can help.

I have my USB Mixer connected to Airtime directly.

On a netbook I have LS which I connect any USB mixer/Soundcard when I am remote and stream to airtime

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • @VOISEES I've done the config as is shown there.
    Finally I got the Mixxx connected to the server.
    Question... At Stream Settings in airtime. there's Master and Show config... I've done the Master and so the Mixxx is connected.
    What's about the SHOW config over there?
    Now I have up on airtime the "Source Streams" orange....and I can switch between Master and Scheduled Play.
    Now i must figure out how to make Dj Deck -> Mixxx -> Airtime

Do you mean the controllers?

The page for the controllers that are supported by MiXXX is found here

http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/hardware_compatibility

Click on anyone in green
    Instructions are found here http://www.mixxx.org/manual/latest/chapters/controlling_mixxx.html

Near the bottom of the page

Also MIXXX can use the "interactive learn" You can use it on any COntroller

Nope.I do not have a FB.
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-05-27 11:08:00
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    To cover some possibilities.I have not mentioned,you should look at Josh's screencast here

It mentions Nicecast and BUTT.Others include Samcast,M3w edcast -reborn and foobar 2000.

Basically you can connect all your devices Including MiXXX  to Your Mixer and then take the lineout of the mixer and connect to Line in on a computer with those streaming clients and have the stream clients(eg.Butt) send that stream to Airtime .

In the Screencast,Josh explain  the basic concepts.

• @Voisses your comments helped me big time and with Josh's videos i've understand how it works and what to use. BUTT looks preety simple and easy to use and I think is the perfect tool for what I need. Get's exactly what's played on any device and connect it to airtime and so on.
    Thank you Voisses!
    I'll test it and if somwthing's wrong maybe i'll email Josh about.
    Big time help!
    That's why i love Airtime :)