Errors after install... 1st 2 servers fine, 3rd went bonkers!
  • Hoping someone can give me the simple explanation to the attached!

I have installed airtime on a couple of servers in the last few days and all have worked ok. I just did another install and after the install is complete i am getting three errors (see attached screenshot). I really dont know what went wrong... all servers were with same host, similar spec and the only thing that differs is that the first ones had X2go and a desktop gui, this one has been completely through SSH but with same process.

The attached shows the errors... the install process just incase I did something wrong was...

• Fresh install of Ubuntu
    • apt-get update
    • reboot to be safe!
    • download airtime-easy-setup with wget and then install gdebi to unpack it
    • after running the gdebi on the airtime-easy-setup.deb file i have run the apt-get update again
    • airtime-easy-setup . run this and choose no to vhost and then when prompted configure icecast passwords
    THIS IS WHERE THE "THERES A PROBLEM WITH YOUR INSTALL" comes in at the end.

Run dpkg-reconfigure airtime followed by airtime-check-system and get the output on screen shot

I can log into the gui for airtime but it keeps crashing... i added a few files and set a show to play but kept throwing off the icecast.

Any help on this would be really appreciated as I am stumped!

THANK YOU!
    1380 x 860 - 155K
    Radio Streaming World - http://www.radiostreamingworld.com - for all of your streaming requirements and everything to make your online radio a success under one roof!
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Thought I would add a spanner to this one... I got bored so despite this particular server not really being resource packed I did a desktop gui install on it and ran the setup through software manager instead of gdebi and guess what... everything perfect...

SO, can anyone tell me if I am doing anything wrong in the install process from command line?  I will detail everything I do just incase I am missing something.  All on a brand new Ubuntu install

When its a non desktop install i am logged in as root so not using SUDO command but when I install from OVh as desktop root details are not provided so I log in as desktop with SUDO for any command line entries within the OS

1. apt-get update
    2. reboot
    3. wget http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/airtime-easy-setup-deb
    4. apt-get install gdebi
    5. apt-get update
    6. gdebi airtime-easy-setup.deb
    7. apt-get update
    8. airtime-easy-setup
    9. (answering yes to configure icecast but no to vhost . same as when i do it through gui)
    10. dpkg-reconfigure airtime
    It´s between 9 and 10 i get the error and I installed this morning an a different server with the same error.  It must be me?
    Post edited by Mike Loeritz at 2014-05-08 04:54:51
    Radio Streaming World - http://www.radiostreamingworld.com - for all of your streaming requirements and everything to make your online radio a success under one roof!