airtimeLiveTrackInfo Javascript Function
  • Hi Everyone,
      I am still looking for a solution to my dilemma...  I'd like to be able to retrieve more info from Airtime regarding a track listing internal to a show, than is currently available via the airtimeLiveTrackInfo javascript function. This is the function that is currently included in the jquery.showinfo.js file that is available with the widget package. 

This particular function is not displayed as an example widget, so it may not be out there...  It does exactly what I want, which makes me glad that I found it.

What I'm wondering is, what is the best way to get more information about upcoming tracks within a show from the same, or a similar query to the database? Currently, the javascript on offer only delivers info about the current, previous and next tracks.  I am hoping to be able to display info about perhaps the next 5 tracks, or something like that.  I looked briefly into the 'callback' function, but I'm not sure where to go next.  I am a db developer, so I understand that it is just a matter of adjusting a query somewhere to allow for a different range of data to be returned, or perhaps to clone the 'callback' query, and somehow use it as a starting point. I'm happy to, and completely willing to do the development of the code, but looking for some guidance from the gurus about where to start. (incidentally, happy to post my hacks here for all to use as well)

Hopefully someone can provide some insight.

dave
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi Again,
      I've not had a lot of time to work on this, but it's clear to me that what I'm asking for is not possible, or that I'm not explaining myself properly. 

I've managed to set up a cron job which copies over the live-info file from the airtime server over to our web server. AFAIK, the ice cast server info provided is not what I'm looking for. 

the live-info file that is created on request has three main entries which tell me what tracks are playing out (previous, current and next). My question is simple. Where do I find the source of this code, so that I can add 'next1, next2 and next3' for example, to capture the information of the 3 next tracks in the play out queue. This has got to be a simple database query, I just can't find it, and there is no documentation that I've been able to find to help me get there. 

Having this capability allows me to ignore short PSA/SID type play out files, in favour of songs or podcast titles. No one accessing our website wants to know what PSA or SID is playing next, but they might be interested in what song is 2 tracks after the next two PSAs...  

I'm looking forward to an Airtime developer answering this, I just need to know where the hooks are and I can likely do the rest.

Thanks!

dave