Installation Newscoop 4.2.1 on shared hosting without root access (blank page / screen)
  • Hello,
    While installing Newscoop on shared hosting without root access, the pre-install checks are all good. On the screen, where i enter the database connections, i click next, which then returns a blank screen. Checking the datbase in phpMyAdmin we can not see, that all the tables have been created in the database. We got no error pages. On checking the error logs there are no errors reported. Strange!

We uploaded the version 4.2.1 with an ftp client. We asked our hoster, if he could solve the problem.
    Then we got the following answer:
    Dear client,
    It seems that there are corrupted files in your app installation files. Please reupload the installation files again and try to install Newscoop again.

Thank you! Sincerely,
    Technical Support Team
    Mochahost
    We re-installed the files, as suggested. Unfortunately no success.
    If we copied the single files with pft client, there are 8 files, which can not copied to the server.
    Maybe there is something wrong.

Do you have an idea, how to install version 4.2.1 on this shared hosting server?

We had no problems to install Version 4.1. So, i think there must be something wrong.

Thank you for your support.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hey,

I just had 8 files which can not copied from WinRAR because I need to open WinRAR as an admin to unpack the folder to HDD.
  • Hello,

There are really some problems to install newscoop 4.2.1. We found the following error
    message (found within: /public_html/_sd/newscoop/install/error_log):

On checking the error logs we find the following access denied error to the my sql database:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'rmrisk'@'localhost' (using password: NO)' in /home3/rmrisk/public_html/_sd/newscoop/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:36

But how to solve this problem?
    There are many administrators, which will have the same installation problem.
    See attached image.

Thank you for a hint or for support.
    1165 x 600 - 323K