Hide empty shows in widgets
  • Hi all,
    is there a way to let only shows that actually have content inside to appear in the frontend widgets?
    Thank you
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    that's a good question!
    +1 to devs
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • thank you ;)
    I add another detail: it would be great the possibility to selectively exclude or include repeating shows.
    I mean: sometimes shows in calendar aren't exactly "radio shows", but, for example, music fillers between two "real" shows, which maybe doesn't make sense to include in a frontend calendar.

Maybe this imply the possibility to assign "categories" or "labels" to the shows, and then the widget would call only some specific categories...

What do you think?
  • I have modified airtime to extent the fields exported to the widgets to include GENRE field and a few more.
    If you set the widget to to ignore show genre of 'filler' - that would do it.

Here you can see the genre field being used to show icons for the type of show used - have a look?

http://www.deprogrammedradio.com

I just over fill shows with music to fix this at the moment.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-01-29 06:11:13
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Yes, that could be a solution, but... how exactly do I set the widget to ignore a specific "genre"?
  • You would need to change 2 files in airtime to export the genre and do some coding in javascript to display what you want properly on the main page. If you cannot code it would be difficult.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • ok, I will check it out.
    Thank you very much.