Feedback - Dynamic Smart Block
  • We have been using airtime for a long time now, and I am very pleased with the dedication and work done by the sourcefabric team! I must say that every upgrade makes using airtime much easier and adds features that are useful and meaningful.

Since community feedback is the main reason open source development has filled in the gaps that closed source has left open, I feel I should contribute by commenting on some issues I have found! They are both related to the smart blocks.

1) Smart Block filters are wrong. You can have AND or OR operator but you cannot use them! You cannot have "Genre contains Rock AND Genre does not contain Jazz". Airtime automatically groups those two and changes AND to OR. If AND and OR operators where the same, there wouldn't be both of them. There should be a clear distinction between both operators and the user should be able to choose which one he wants to use. Otherwise you cannot really apply the filters you want.

2) Adding Dynamic Smart Blocks in Linked shows. I really have not found out what is wrong with it. Sometimes it works flawlessly. Others it just doesn't. You try to add a smart block in Airtime. Postgresql processes it (100% core usage). But nothing happens in airtime. No "processing" is displayed, and you are left with nothing added. Happens for some shows, for no apparent reason.

Besides those two small issues, I believe that Airtime is really great and I am a very happy user/admin!
    Keep up the good work!