Syncing two Airtime installations
  • Not really a support question but has anyone had any success syncing between two live installations of Airtime (files, calendar, settings etc). The files could be done easily enough but it's how the Airtime would react to the calendar being altered is the issue.

The reason for the questions is that I would like to run Airtime in an environment where the Internet is too flaky to generate a live stream but make use of record functionality and push the files to the other public facing Airtime. 
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    a simple solution is to have a distant database connexion for the second installation (to the first)
    but yours files could be exactly the same...
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2014-01-13 05:42:46
  • How would you go about that exactly? FTP the files after recording and have the remote machines Postgre read the locals?
  • http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/display/CC/Airtime+Replication

Will help with replication and use SSHFS to put the files to the master if they are recorded remotely.
    Please note some changes with Slony-I and your version,If I remember had to do something but I would have look at me notes.this weekend

Here come my stupid question

Why would you want to sync (replicate ) the database.? and I had to use the slaves as read only for updates.
    Very curious but let me know.Thanks

When I tested this I found webstream offered me the same advantages,all I had to do fuse the audio data.

VOISSES
    Can You hear me now

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-01-13 20:25:00
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    no need to replicate database (and sshfs for files is a good solution) give an access to the master database (foreign machine) into your replicated installation

an english doc. about that :

https://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/1237/How+do+I+enable+remote+access+to+my+PostgreSQL+server?#dv