No Sound Output Every 2 or 3 Days
  • Airtime 2.5.1
    In English:

I have a problem, every second or third night comes no more sound. In Airtime playlist is running. Sometime in the night the sound output stops. I have to manually restart liguitsoap in the morning then I have sound again in the Stream Player, what can I do? where can I see why no sound is output even though the playlist runs in airtime?

In German:

Ich habe ein Problem, jede zweite oder dritte Nacht kommt kein Sound mehr. In Airtime die Playliste läuft. Irgendwann in der Nacht stopt die Soundausgabe. Ich muss manuel liguitsoap am morgen restarten dann habe ich wieder Sound im Streamplayer, was kann ich machen? wo kann ich schauen warum kein Sound ausgegeben wird obwohl in Airtime die Playliste läuft?

Andy
    Post edited by Andy at 2014-01-05 03:06:09
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Do You have something schedule (a show) to play at all times?
    Can You print your icecast log and Ls-script log at the time that you notice this silence?
    Have you search the forum for fixing silence and think you may need  that fix?

Print your

/var/log/icecast2/error.log and /var/log/icecast2/access.log
    /var/log/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    and
    airtime-check-system

examine and

post error log,ls_script.log and system check

if not resolved

VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-01-05 05:25:08
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 1. Yes, the Shows all shedule, Night Show beginns at 00:00 and End 06:00 AM, then Show all 2 Ouers
    ls_script log:
    2014/01/05 05:49:18 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [lang:3] vars.show_name
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [cue_cut_5466:3] Cueing out...
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [s0:3] Finished with "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/11441.mp3".
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [amplify_5470:3] End of the current overriding.
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [schedule_noise_switch:3] Switch to map_metadata_5601 with forgetful transition.
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [decoder:3] Method "MAD" accepted "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/10311.mp3".
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [stderr:3] TagLib: String::prepare() - Unicode conversion error.
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [stderr:3] TagLib: String::prepare() - Unicode conversion error.

airtime-system-check
    oot@h2230836:/var/log# airtime-check-system
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.41-042stab078.27
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = i686
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 4194304
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 0
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.0
    OS                             = Debian GNU/Linux 7.3 (wheezy) i686
    CPU                            = Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2376 HE
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 26912
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 91967
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.3%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 22413
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 4865
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0.5%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 3.9%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 31054
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 88553
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0.5%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

error and access.lol 0 on date 05.01.2014 00:00 Our - 00:06 AM

AIRTIME_VERSION  = 2.5.0?  i have airtim in sourcelist, and i have also updatet to 2.5.1
                  = 2.5.0

Post edited by Andy at 2014-01-05 07:55:54
  • need to see the 
    Icecast error logs for the times.

You can check the times at your access log.

I am assuming that it rabbitmq that seems to be a recurring  problem with debian,

I have seen complaint like this in the forums.

Check and see if yours are related.

The Taglib errors are not significant they just relates to how your songs are tag by the various meta tags

VOISSES
    Can you hear me Now
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-01-06 12:25:38
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Thanks, 

With rabbitmq I have no idea, what is written here in the forum to rabbitmq is not the case with me.

i have linked shows removed, now it seems to go.

One Question, how can i reset the admin password? E-Mail reset function is disable.

Thx
  • Every Day same, evry night silence, every morning restart ligiutsoap, i found naving,

here the logs

Icecast

pypo
    Post edited by Andy at 2014-01-08 02:15:01
  • I hope You are aware that Airtime go silent if no content is schedule.Even if you linked shows and no content is placed in there you will still have silence.

the only workaround is have something piped to show or master (like using Mixxx,IDCJ,etc or to modified the script.

I cannot answer you about reset of password.
    Hope someone else do.

I cannot parse through logs for errors.You have to do so and ask specific questions for things you are concern about

Also please post snapshots on pastebin for review.I am unable to look at specific sites

VOISSES
    Can You hear me
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-01-08 10:39:40
  • Hi,

I had a similar problem (I think from looking at your description), the thing that broke it for me was the fact that I installed it via this manual: http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/easy-setup/ when you should actually install using this manual: http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-24-for-broadcasters/automated-installation/

thanks,
    Marcus 
  • Do not Think its an Installation problem

2014/01/05 05:49:20 [schedule_noise_switch:3] Switch to map_metadata_5601 with forgetful transition.
    2014/01/05 05:49:20 [decoder:3] Method "MAD" accepted "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/10311.mp3

Iindicates that they are using a default instillation and that nothing is schedule so a silence is trigger and my statement in the last post above is relevant .

* V.O.I.S.S.E.S.      *         *
    * Can You Hear Me Now *         *
    ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♩♪♫♩♪♫♪♩♫♪♩ ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬
    ######################################################
    [En][24/7][712- 432- 8476]############################
    [Korean][24/7] [712- 432- 8464]#######################
    [En][Sundays 2300-Mondays 0600 EST][712- 432- 8437]###
    ######################################################
    Disclaimer:-
    "The Views express by me in no way reflect the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its
    representative.
    I am in no way a member of the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its representative,

My views are my own opinion of which I hope will help to construed a discussion in order to solve, resolved or to make things better.

If you follow my opinions,you do so at your own risk and I bear no responsibility for your actions or in-actions.

My opinions is not my final thoughts but something I think as I try come to my final conclusion"
    #####################################################################
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-01-10 11:32:51