Replay Gain needs manual airtime-liquidsoap restart
  • Hi,

While working on liquidsoap, we realized that using the Replay Gain slider on the Airtime web interface and clicking the "Save" button didn't have any effect. A manual /etc/init.d/airtime-liquidsoap restart is needed for the Replay Gain value to be taken into account.

As we're using vagrant-based development machines for our Airtime tests, I checked in our production systems and we have the same issue. So, to be sure, I bootstrapped a new system from scratch - still the same.

I couldn't find a similar issue on the public JIRA, so here's some quick directions to reproduce, if it's of any help!

Steps to reproduce from scratch - the way I did it:
    1. launch a new Ubuntu 12.04.3 (EC2, virtualbox, whatever)
    2. use Airtime Easy Setup from http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/easy-setup/
    3. log in to the new airtime
    4. upload some sounds
    5. wait for silan, mp3gain & co to do their job
    6. create a show, put the sounds in the show
    7. make sure Replay Gain is enabled and set to 0 dB
    8. listen to the icecast stream
    9. move the Replay Gain slider to +10dB and click "Save" (+10dB surely can't be missed)
    10. listen to the icecast stream
    11. there should be a huge difference - but there's no difference. In fact you're not even disconnected from the Icecast stream.
    12. try this with the few different sounds you uploaded previously: same behaviour
    13. simply relaunch airtime-liquidsoap manually : /etc/init.d/airtime-liquidsoap restart
    14. you'll get the requested Replay Gain level

Best,

Stephane

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Thanks for this explanation. I thought there is probably something wrong with my ears, cause I did not manage to hear any differnce.

Question to Sourcefabric: Could you please fix this in the Airtime pro installations?