Some questions (Airtime 2.5)
  • I started using Airtime after a long time using Liquidsoap alone. I wrote some of my thoughts and suggestions before but since I started using it other things come up. Here are some questions I would like to know the answers.

1. If I create a playlist through a watched folder that has as example 2 hours and 13 minutes of songs which I want it to be played in a shuffled or random order and the show I created lasts 4 hours. Will the playlist repeat till the show ends?

2. What happens to the last song that prolapse the showtime? Would the playing song be suddenly cut for the next show to begin or is it allowing the last song to finish?

3. Is there any chance that Airtime will have a simpler approach for quick directory->playlist->schedule process?

That's all for now. Thanks for any replies.
    eastanbul.com
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

1. If I create a playlist through a watched folder that has as example 2 hours and 13 minutes of songs which I want it to be played in a shuffled or random order and the show I created lasts 4 hours. Will the playlist repeat till the show ends?

no, playout would stop after 2hrs 13mins. but devs are working on a fallback-function (random play when nothing is scheduled), for now there would be silence. maybe it's implemented with 2.5.1 on 17th dec.

2. What happens to the last song that prolapse the showtime? Would the playing song be suddenly cut for the next show to begin or is it allowing the last song to finish?

the song would be cut at beginning of next show.
    afaik, if next show contains no content, then the song is not cutted.

3. Is there any chance that Airtime will have a simpler approach for quick directory->playlist->schedule process?

Indeed! Using Linked Shows is the first step into this direction (watch screencasts for more infos on this)
    If we could use file path as filter element in smart blocks, this would be possible. (request at dev.sourcefabric.org available, I don't find it now)
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Thanks for giving the answers Hoerich. 

Though they are pretty disappointing :(
    eastanbul.com
    let's hope for next version. pretty much going on these days
  • I really have difficulties setting up the playlist, schedule and managing tracks. It's like doing the job wrong way. I want to use Airtime but dealing with simple tasks are extremely difficult with it.
    eastanbul.com
    It's like with any Radio Automation Software... First setup needs a while