Jingle every 3 songs
  • Hello,

I would an jingle every 3 songs but i don't know how do...
    can you help me please ? 

thx

Ps : i'm french ;)
  • 18 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi,
    please be more specific!
    You know how to use smart blocks? Or do you want to do it in a fallback?
    cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    do that for now is impossible (with airtime without ls_script modifications)
    we hope to see this feature really, really soon added
    but into the meantime you must modify ls_script

search on this forum

Bon courage
  • How do we do then to change the ls script?

Thank's
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    here : /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

and search on this forum for modifications
  • My music is in  : /srv/airtime/stor/imported/
    My Jingle is in : /src/airtime/Jingles/

This is correct ? :

music = playlist (mode='randomize',reload=1,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/stor/imported/")
    jingles = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=1,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/Jingles/")
    mixed = rotate(weights=[1,4],[jingles,music])
    default = fallback([crossfade_airtime(mixed)])

Thank's
  • Hi KR4KOS;

Thanks for the link up over the weekend ,I will accept your request on the media later.

You could do this  instead;

My music is in  : /srv/airtime/stor/imported/
    My Jingle is in : /src/airtime/Jingles/

#recommended but not necessary for emergency
    My security is in : /src/airtime/stationID/stationID.mp3

music = playlist (mode='randomize',reload=1200,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/stor/imported/")
    jingles = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=1200,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/Jingles/")
    security = single("/src/airtime/stationID/stationID.mp3")

mixed = rotate(weights=[1,4],[jingles,music])

#put this instead
    default = fallback(track_sensitive=false,[mixed,security])

NOTES

#reload every 20minutes (1200) instead [4 songs @5 minutes ]
    #or reload ever hour or more (60x60=3600) if you have a lot of songs
    #prevents playing the same song twice
    #or
    #default = fallback([mixed,security])

# I do not use the airtime crossfade,since the liquidsoap utils already have a crossfade
    # both have the same definition and function and will make little effect here
    # IMHO,the only way you will see the effect of this is if you  dealing with web streams transitions to unschhedule events
    #default = fallback([crossfade_airtime(mixed)])

Relevant post are
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16092/one-lineyes-one-line-modification-no-skills-neededbut-silence-defeated

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/25918

* V.O.I.S.S.E.S.      *         *
    * Can You Hear Me Now *         *
    ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♩♪♫♩♪♫♪♩♫♪♩ ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬
    ######################################################
    [En][24/7][712- 432- 8476]############################
    http://tunein.com/radio/BIGLINK-RADIO-s190864/
    [Korean][24/7] [712- 432- 8464]#######################
    http://tunein.com/radio/Goaheadmissionorg-s190399/
    [En][Sundays 2300-Mondays 0600 EST][712- 432- 8437]###
    http://tunein.com/radio/Caribbean-Experience-s200915/
    ######################################################
    Disclaimer:-
    "The Views express by me in no way reflect the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its
    representative.
    I am in no way a member of the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its representative,

My views are my own opinion of which I hope will help to construed a discussion in order to solve, resolved or to make things better.

If you follow my opinions,you do so at your own risk and I bear no responsibility for your actions or in-actions.

My opinions is not my final thoughts but something I think as I try come to my final conclusion"

#####################################################################

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-12-02 11:43:52
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Can you look my ls_script ? don't work :( 

Thank's
  • Ok!
    Here are the things that will go wrong in terms of priority
    1. Is the source fallible? I did not notice that you are using the default Airtime directory. so make the source infallible like the the default source so music=mksafe(music)
    2. You have made a mistake incorrectly stating the jingles directory
    Other thing that maybe a problem 

- In my test this was not a problem but in order to write to directory,I did

• Permissions of the directory you might have to sudo chmod 777 -R /srv/airtime/diffuzik/ && sudo chmod 777 -R  /srv/airtime/Jingles/
    You have not stated what is not working but  based on the following above.I will test and put the script below

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-12-07 16:45:41
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • # This is the script which works for me

#default = amplify(id="silence_src", 0.00001, noise())

#put playlist here
    music = playlist (mode='randomize',reload=500,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/stor/imported/")
    jingles = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=500,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/Jingles/")

#this seem incorrect
    #===> security = single("/src/airtime/diffuzik/diffuzik.mp3")

# maybe you meant
    security = single("/srv/airtime/diffuzik/diffuzik.mp3")

# music source is fallible before,make it safe and available all times (infallible)

mixed=mksafe(music)

jingles=delay(1.,jingles)
    mixed = rotate(weights=[1,4],[jingles,mixed])

#put this instead
    default = fallback(track_sensitive=false,[mixed,security])

ref_off_air_meta = ref off_air_meta
    if !ref_off_air_meta == "" then
        ref_off_air_meta := "Airtime - offline"
    end
    #default = rewrite_metadata([("title", !ref_off_air_meta)], default)

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-12-09 23:31:29
  • Please note that most time I am asked to examine a script ,I do not look at all lines or test it.
    This was the case where your source concern.

An easy way to test any script (at present) before you restart is to issue the following command.

sudo /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap  /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

it will tell you the line number and syntax error ( I love this about liquidsoap and Airtime)

If it says everything is okay look at the logs for any problem with tracks issue the command

sudo airtime-log -t liquidsoap 

Then you could tell me directly what do not work

Sorry for not testing.

Voisses

• Look your mp Voisses Tech
    Post edited by KR4KOS at 2013-12-08 12:59:48
  • In My discussion here

I implied

# Chose how you want a fallback to occur
    # A common mistakes is to think that weights will be how the rotation(jingles) occur.
    # On the Contrary Weights = [1,4] just tell what will happen at the time of fallback
    # Therefore

v = random(weights = [1,4],[j,m])

# means that when there is a problem or switch the weights will occur once 1 jingle for 4 music then it will move to the fallback
    # use time schedules switch or time promotions if you want anything to occur at specific time periods
    # weights are an optional 

One thing you can do is try to trigger an event by reducing a the reload parameters because your songs might be less than 4 minutes  and may be  like 2-3 minutes so if you make the playlist reload every >500 it might work.
    The disadvantage is that you might hear the same song more than once.

The best to employ a switch or time promotions technique

see script 2 as per above.

Voisses

One thing 

• Hello everyone!
    Last time this topic discussed in Dec 2013 and one year have past since. Is there any updates on the jingles (ads) automation in web-mode? It`s very easy to generate thematic program with the smartblock and so hard to add all the jingles and ads manually in it.
    Post edited by Igor Medvedev at 2014-11-17 04:39:35
    • make the folders a part of your watch folders so you can see the files for above and thats all you need for the web interface.

• Leave the ad time slots blank  in your calendar and the autodj will play at that time.the added advantage is that if you have a one of ad you can drop it in and it played. here is an example of a one hour show as place in your calendar

11.00 - 11.10                  create a schedule with no contents [repeats/link / no end if you want it everyday at the same time]

11.10 - 11.55                  create show with contents

11.55 - 12.00                  create a schedule with no contents [repeats/link / no end if you want it everyday at the same time]

VOISSES
  • I meant not to change liq script and drop to fallback, but use airtime web interface to add instruction like "mix playlist with jingle (or ads) files every N songs"
  • look at this
    https://blog.sourcefabric.org/en/news/blog/2838/Get-the-most-out-of-Airtime-smart-blocks.htm

and read the section

Getting smarter with ads

To see if its what you meant

Hello everyone!

Last time this topic discussed in Dec 2013 and one year have past since. Is there any updates on the jingles (ads) automation in web-mode? It`s very easy to generate thematic program with the smartblock and so hard to add all the jingles and ads manually in it.blem

Smart blocks and Link play was to have achieve this and is the first step but,I have problem where the smart blocks just becomes empty every unexpected mondays and so I recommend the best-fit solution

VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-11-29 21:45:05