Is there any way to play from sound card's line-in when nothing is schedule?
  • Andrea Sellaroli wrote

Hi, is there any way to play from sound card's line-in when nothing is schedule? I need to use a two line-in sound card, one to record live show and another to play a satellite radio when nothing is scheduled.
    I'm using ubuntu server.
    Thanks,

Andrea 

Answer

The line in that you see in stream settings are for recording and rebroadcasting however if you are not afraid to modify your script then I have outline two method here

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hoerich wrote

"I'm in a similar position like you.
    In near future we want to use multiple Soundcard-Inputs. Input 1 for Live-Studio, Input 2 for satellite radio.

In your case I think the most tricky part is to setup the soundcard correctly with ALSA or JACK.
    You could use default Line-In (hw:0,0) for show-record and 2nd Line-In (f.e. hw:0,1) for satellite radio."

ALSA ,I find is a more robust solution for the main broadcasting desk.

You donot really want to have your main playout depending on JACK because of the Xruns conditions especially on low specs computers like P4s and below

You can use Jack on your workstation computers where  you do not matter on failures,latency and Xruns.

If you travel down the road of JACK on your Main playout station (which mind you works),You are forewarned,you increase your point of failures.

/comment/27264#Comment_27264
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Hoerich further wrote;

"If you change your ls_script.liq to include a fallback to 2nd Line-In, then anytime you have no show planned or content added to a show, it falls back to satellite radio input.
    There are many discussions about this. search for it or go through my comments http://forum.sourcefabric.org/profile/comments/1740/hoerich"

Well partially correct, You can  modify your script to  play multiple playouts and even use multiple sound cards.

This will Allow you to play multiple station with different contents and or different Genre all on same computer with one Ls-script.I will do a write up on that as soon as I get home this weekend.

I have tested with 100% accuracy multiple individual sound cards.

and I have purchase a 1010 and will be using it extensively.

My concept comes from Aux in both Sams and Rivendell.

Rivendell was my first Love but I abandon her for Airtime,who I married and now that rivendell is back I have found my wife and sweetheart living together so sweet (Lol)

Basically I am saying I am using Both

Rivendell Have the wickest(best) Free Jingles Bank panel and podcast catching
    Airtime has the Best scheduling,Live Assist,Remote Connection(BROADCASTING), Streaming and most of all room for modifications.

VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-11-08 06:03:13