webstream source rtmp://
  • Looking to be able to get a web-stream in airtime to be able to source an rtmp:// url

Has anyone looked at this?

thanks

Stephen

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Some people suggest you can use a <rtmp></rtmp> mount place in Icecast and this should work.
    I felt so dumb to ask on Icecast forum because its not documented,nor it just do not look right.

I thing you would need a server like RED5,nginx/rtmp or wowza to do this.

but I would welcome to know if anyone have ever done this straight from Icecast without a dedicated rtmp server.

VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-10-16 20:28:08
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I think Stephen might have meant use rmtp server as a webstream program SOURCE?

I am fiddling with this at the moment, for relaying syndicated programs, without much success.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2013-10-17 04:46:34
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Then that's is easy

• install vlc and crtmpserver (if you are using a server install vlc-nox also
    • create an rstp stream using vlc  (you can use a gui to get the syntax and set up a bash script)
    • setup up acceptor.lua to receive the rtsp stream
    • flvplayback.lua to push the stream as rtmp
    • bam you are done

The question do not seem to imply another server solution

Advantage crtmpserver is lightweight ,secure and portable

For a bigger production and if you geeky,use RED5 or if you have cash use EVOSTREAM 0r Wowza

Good luck

The disadvantage with vlc is that you have to set a cron job to check every 30s that its working and if not then restart the bash script

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-10-17 07:38:10
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • We have a bunch of live rtmp: audio only feeds from other producers, and want to add a webstream with rtmp:// and have liquidsoap read and send downstream just like it does with icecast stream.

As airtime is schedling all the remote sources and mixing shows with both remote and local content.

I can take ffmpeg and get the rtmp audio stream as mp3 piped into ezstream which outputs http: icy protocol along with mp3 stream for icecast or liquidsoap to ingest.

would like to eliminate ffmpeg/ezstream and have liquidsoap handle entirely.

Have a developer looking at this now.

regards,
    Stephen
  • RTMP and its Variant are not one of the supported protocols of liquidsoap.

If you watch The  Hangouts,you will here the liquidsoap team suggesting that they want to have a look at Gstreamer to be used for videos to liquidsoap,this may open the doors for Rtmp,since Gstreamer now supports Rtmp.

Like I said RTMP was a proprietary protocol up until recently when they make it open source.

If you ask within any of the open source development circle about  RTMP most people will give you the thumbs down  since the relationship with owner has been rocky.

As I suggest a server like Wowza(ingest and restream to Icecast ) or RED5 works

VOISSES