"onair today" widget display only two shows
  • Hi,

I'm using drupal airtime module & cache schedule information, I use latest airtime.

when I use interval in the "curl -s "http://airtime.example.com/api/live-info/?callback=***" > /tmp/live-info" I get the current/next song info working but onair today display only two shows.

when I use endofday in the "curl -s "http://airtime.example.com/api/live-info/?callback=***" > /tmp/live-info" I don't get the current/next song info working and onair today display the required five shows.

does anyone have a solution for this, I need interval and current/next song info.

is there any documentation for the schedule api parameters?

• 11 Comments sorted by
  • I would really really appreciate some help in this, thank you in advance.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Unfortunately, I'm not able to help you atm.
    But I'm short before the same step and want to try the same.
    Let's see what it brings for me.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Thank you hoerich, do you have any idea where I can find a documentation about the schedule api parameters?
    afaik, API documentation is not puclic yet
  • I have seen that on my server when I first set it up! My problem was that the server timezone was set wrong.

Make sure the airtime user time zone and airtime server timezone and server hardware clock time zones are all correct. I bet one of the three is set wrong.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.

I have seen that on my server when I first set it up! My problem was that the server timezone was set wrong.

Make sure the airtime user time zone and airtime server timezone and server hardware clock time zones are all correct. I bet one of the three is set wrong.

from what I saw in 2.5-beta there are changes/extensions regarding time zone settings.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Giga, the documentation for the widgets provided with Airtime is at:

http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/exporting-the-schedule/

I would suggest that you try these widget examples using your Airtime server's source domain, and if these work OK, the issue is with the Drupal code. John is right that the server time and Airtime's station timezone (in System -> Preferences) should be correct for you needs.

The new timezone feature in Airtime 2.5.0 is that you can specify a timezone for a particular show when creating it. This feature is necessary because daylight saving time starts and ends on different days in different timezones. When planning shows in different countries, there can be calendar anomalies otherwise.

Cheers!

Daniel
    Also, the On Air Today widget we ship only displays the current show and shows coming up later that day, not shows that have already happened today.
    Post edited by Daniel James at 2013-10-16 05:15:42
  • I solved this by making the server in UTC timzone and building the local time for the client in his/her own timezone. This way it is always right. I extended the weekly schedule widget for this and its posted in here somewhere. Works fine :) I exported and used lots more data too see http://deprogrammedradio.com
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
    Hi John, I really like your use of Genre and Description in the weekly widget, would you be interested in contributing this code to Airtime for the next release?

I see you have made each program name a clickable link - how about using the show URL for the link and ditching the 'Read More' link entirely?

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Vote Up0Vote Down byronbyron
    guys,

what on earth has UTC time to do with the fact that airtime only generates two shows in the API? As if it was 4 o'clock instead of 5 'on air today' would show all five upcoming shows instead of two :-p

I am pretty sure that I have set up the server in the right UTC time but please can you post a way to find out if everything is set up OK regarding the time?

I am pretty sure thought that the problem lies elsewhere..
    I have made a new post too, but I thought of continuing this one also since I get no reply to my new one :)

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16797/on-air-today-widget-problem

Airtime 2.5.1 - ubuntu 12.04