[Resolved] Virtual DJ to Master/Show Source
  • anyone got this working  where vitual dj connects to Master or Show source
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-10-04 08:16:21
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi!

I do, mate... I got your back. All you have to do is in System > Streams change settings as manual says (remember to use "source" as Username). You can even set any mount point you want.

Now, what you must do in Virtual DJ change the format to OGG (MP3 crashes mine). Don't worry, Airtime will stream to whatever format you ShoutCAST/Icecast server uses, no matter what format and/or bitrate it comes from you.

The important thing is here: VirtualDJ doesn't allow you to set a mount point, but it actually supports it, all you have to do is add a slash to the end of the server and fill your password, DJ name and description as usual.

So for example, if my server is airtime.chillin.com and my mount point is hello, in VDJ you just write airtime.chillin.com/live as your server. Just hit "Start recording" and voila!! You're live!!

Hope it helps.

• Thanks 
    It was for a client.
    They Used windows and its related product.
    They are now using Rivendell==>Mixer Line In        a(at Broadcast desk)
                                 Mixxx for master/show source    (remotely)
                                 Airtime for Stream and Schedule (remotely)

I will test that and let them know about the option
    Thanks

V.O.I.S.S.E.S
    Can You Hear Me Now
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.