Impossible to install Newscoop Part 2 - Reward !
  • Before I tried a new attempt I've deleted the database_conf.php to be sure that the software do not take look what's there predefined.
    And also I created a new database and a new user. Again a blank screen.

After countless attempts and about 12 hours I'm sick of it. Is there anybody who can install me this really good but horrible to install software ?
    Of course against payment.

Regards
    Peter

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Josh McLainJosh McLain
    Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the installation process. Most of us aren't around the forums too much on weekends, this week especially since we're all together for our yearly gathering.

We can certainly arrange a custom installation, we have a hosted solution we can get setup for you that's paid for monthly, or we can work on getting your server up and running through help here. I also just found out that the issue deleting articles is a known bug.

Let us know how you'd like to move forward and we'll be happy to help.

-Josh
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Peter,

What's the domain name of your publication? Did you configure your publication to use that domain name as the Default Site Alias?

See the current version of the manual:

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Hello Daniel and Josh,

as I wrote in the second post I was able to install the software. Many thanks for your replies.
    What about the hosted solution from you ? Will I get also help there ? Do you have a ticketing system ?

I've actually a Garden News Site on Joomla but I'm very unhappy with the system. That's the reason why I want to jump over to Newscoop. It was love at the first sight :)

But now I'm a litte bit afraid that I will be lost with any problems with the software while being live.

Best regards

Peter