Airtime 2.4 Hanging and going off air once a day
  • I have been running Airtime for quite some time over a year with out a problem,  now since moving to version 2.4  I have the problem on 2 seperate Ubuntu 12.04.3  servers 

The calendar is scheduled and running playlists....

For no apparent reason the server stays connected to Shoutcast but says Airtime Offline in shoutcast admin page and stops playing what it is suppose to be playing, even though airtime says in the now playing that a song is playing. However the On air  goes grey and not red .

Another thing I use to be able to load smart blocks of over 10-20 hours, now I can't slide a smart block to a scheduled show that is  more 9 hours without it just hanging there doing nothing.

the only way to get it running again is /etc/init.d/airtime-playout restart

Although love the new features This is really annoying problem since 2.4 and it is happening on 2 servers 

Any ideas to correct this .... 
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Derek said:

Another thing I use to be able to load smart blocks of over 10-20 hours, now I can't slide a smart block to a scheduled show that is  more 9 hours without it just hanging there doing nothing.

the only way to get it running again is /etc/init.d/airtime-playout restart

Although love the new features This is really annoying problem since 2.4 and it is happening on 2 servers 

Any ideas to correct this .... 

are these linked shows you try to add 10-hrs-smartblocks to?
    could you provide logs
    sudo airtime-log --dump
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • yes they are linked shows...it was working at first ...problem started when it goes off air   at same time 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    there seem to be a problem when adding 10hrs-smartblocks to linked shows with no enddate.
    there is a lot to do for airtime when you do such things ;-)
    could you try to add smaller blocks? maybe it works like this.
    I think this bug is already submitted on bugtracker http://dev.sourcefabric.org

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • I can live with that bug  what is unacceptable for us  is for the station to go OFF AIR for no reason even though connected to Shoutcast still   have to do playout restart/etc/init.d/airtime-playout restart
  • No support came following posting the logs....2.4 was a nightmare upgrade for us.  We finally reinstalled everything and so far will cross fingers and give airtime another chance.
  • Derek said:

For no apparent reason the server stays connected to Shoutcast but says Airtime Offline in shoutcast admin page and stops playing what it is suppose to be playing, even though airtime says in the now playing that a song is playing. However the On air  goes grey and not red .
    Hi, sorry to bump this issue, but Im also having it with one Airtime 2.5.1 installation on Ubuntu 12.04 i386.

We are not using smartblocks or linked shows, but last night's show (most recent occurrence of the issue) was 12hrs long, loaded with regular audio files.
    Basically a scheduled show stops playing randomly, icecast shows the "offline" message, however in airtime panel the "now playing" info shows the correct scheduled track.

The way the user has found to fix it is connecting the master source, and then disconnect. Then the show continues playing.

I've been searching issues for a while now and this is the most similar one. Couldn't find it on bugtracker.
    Could anyone point me to some posts/info that can help?
    thanks in advance!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi,
    Can you send your /var/log/airtime ?