VirtualDJ metadata
  • When connecting using the master source for Airtime with Virtual DJ, the icecast server is showing "unknown" for the metadata. 
    Using Airtime 2.4.0 on Debian 7. 

Virtual DJ 7.3 on Mac, using IceCast (OGG) as the stream type. 

metadata works on SAM Broadcaster, however. Is this a limitation to VirtualDJ? 
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    I got a similar problem on windows-clients.
    Streaming to Airtime with m3w doesn't show Metadata, just shows Showname - Live Stream
    Playing a scheduled internal Webstream (streaming with BUTT to Airtime) shows Showname - Artist - Title (Metadata forwarded by BUTT)
    Let's hope for a fix with 2.4.1
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    but maybe this is what you're looking for! (I did not take a look inside for now)
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15664/php-icecast-how-do-i-display-the-whole-song-name
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Should we open something in the bug tracker, or is it something they already know about? 
  • I'm also not sure this script would work, since all it does is display information from the icecast server itself. Airtime isn't forwarding the proper metadata to Icecast, so the end result would be the same. 

• Was this Problem ever solved ?

A German Radio Station I work for has just changed over to Ice Cast
    and have installed Airtime.
    All Moderators & DJ's using VDJ have exactly the same problem,
    Meta Data is just not passed on to Icecast.

Is this due to a setting which can be altered in Airtime ?
    or a general problem between VDJ and Airtime ?
    is
    there a known Fix ?
    I think it will be a bit much asking all moderators
    to use SAM
    as it does not have the capababilities of VDJ...

All help greatly appreciated

Phil
    Post edited by Phil-Magik at 2014-02-25 05:38:54
  • There was an issue between taglib=0.3.0,liquidsoap 1.1.0 and various clients especially on Debian Squeeze. ( please note I do not Know what OS you are using)

This However should have been solved with taglib=0.3.1 and liquidsoap 1.1.1 which Airtime >2.4.1 now uses.

do in a terminal This command

liquidsoap 'output.dummy(sine())'

look at the top and make sure you have the latest.
    I will test with virtual Dj,

Please note that you some times you will have issue with some clients software that are proprietary,especially when they do not or do little to embrace Open Source.

Therefore the  recommended alternative is MIXXX. Which integrates very well with Airtime

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-02-25 10:56:37
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Whilst this is not a mandate by Airtime or its Moderator,

An Important Note to All
    Please always use (create) a new thread,and then make reference to the older post,no matter how your problem seems similar to the old post.

f.e.

New Topic    I cannot connect to Airtime
    Body         In  http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/xxxxx/mixxx not connected,
                 I am having now a similar problem, can you help

What I have done I have checked blah,blah,blah etc...........

Just a suggested format .You decide how you want to do it

The Reason why I ask this is.

•         On mobile devices it creates problem for me to have to scroll to find your problem

•         Sometimes your problem are unique to you and its best express by your own experience

•          Most times the old problem might have been solved and therefore it may no longer be an issue
    • Any where you might need help from external source or developers it present an headache to have to scroll through long threads to see,what's wrong
    • Undoubtedly If you Have Solutions to the Old problem then believe me ,it serves well to put it under that thread

Look forward to hearing from you
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Here is a solution to  send the stream to an Icecast mount ,then put as a webstream in Airtime

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16423/solution-for-multiple-djs-and-other-input-streams-why-buffering-may-not-be-the-answer

• I am using virtual DJ on mac to stream to airtime and i have also found that it sends the metadata as unknown.

I have spoken to the guys at virtualDJ who have got to be the most unhelpful, arrogant people i have ever had the misfortune to deal with, their official response was "it works fine on windows using shoutcast"

<sarcasam>Yeah well great ill buy windows pc's and change to shoutcast</sarcasam>

Having read though the comments and possible solutions here none seem to be relevant, or am i just missing something obvious, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Post edited by Hit Mix UK at 2014-03-17 07:35:41
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi,

If you are on Os X, try Ladiocast (it's free and working great)
  • Virtual DJ does not send Metadata as far as I checked and tested,I have the paid version of version 7 pro and have tested it

It uses the metadata to determine the songs but from all my checks it do not send it anywhere in the header.

The relevance of like my recommendation is that you will have to find alternatives
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-03-17 23:02:07
  • It does send the meta data to shoutcast but not icecast :-(

One of nice features of Virtual DJ is the content subscription which is worth every penny i have not found any software that offers a similar feature.
    Post edited by Hit Mix UK at 2014-03-19 16:59:19