Incoming stream intermittently stops
  • Using 2.3.1 my incoming stream intermittently stops.

This happened when using Butt or m3w from a windows machine on the same network. The disconnection will vary from 2 to 8 hours and both Butt and Airtime's "on air" indicator confirm the disconnection.

Thinking it was my windows machine and in an attempt to diagnose, I installed Butt on the Airtime server. And after 6 hours my stream was again dead, however behavior was slightly different as both the Butt streamer and Airtime "on air" indicators gave the appearance of being connected.

Restarted Butt and my stream is up again...But it will undoubtedly go down shortly.

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • I reinstalled Airtime and installed the latest liquidsoap 1.1.1 and will retest.
  • For this are you sending a stream to the Master or Show?.

while airtime appearing to connect

run as normal user on the airtime machine

liquidsoap 'output.icecast(%mp3, host="yourhost", port=yourstreamport#, password="icecastpassword", mount="listen", sine())'

just change yourhost to Ip or localhost keep the quotes""
    somenumber to the streamport and your icecast password.

and listen on the client VLC etc
    you should get a monotous tone

eliminating icecast as the problem

Then go down these troubleshooting [http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-23-for-broadcasters/troubleshooting/] steps to find out which is the
    problem.

I too have the same problem even with liquidsoap 1.1.1, I narrow it down to bad file(mp3) or webstream without proper fallback. and would like to make suggestions or solution for 2.4
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.