Random songs on Silence
  • I've got Albert FR's script to play random songs on silence, and it works great:). I was just wondering if it is possible to change the trigger time for silence. It is now more or less immediate. Is there a way to change it to 15 or 30 seconds before the silence detection is triggered?

Steve
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi Steve
    that made a long long time to detect silence
    can you explain why ?

you can do this with skip_blank
    like this :
    radio = skip_blank(threshold=-28.,length=15.,radio) 

When blank/silence is detected of -28dB for more than 15 seconds
    then skip track/advance to next track

Post edited by Albert FR at 2013-05-28 03:20:05
  • Hi Albert,
    Thanks very much, that is very good to know. To answer your question, I am at an FM community radio station and I am trying to work out how best to replace our current automation system with airtime. We have currently been using airtime to connect remote studios using a live mp3 streamer on the remote pc and sending it back to airtime.  the mp3 stream arrives through an ssh tunnel, and it is then broadcast. Its been very successful I might add, its made live outside broadcasts much easier.

Now I think about it, although info is good to know, it was not the correct approach, because as you said, in a playlist what's the point in having such a large silence gap.

My thoughts originally were that if a live presenter was in the studio or remote studio, and there was silence for more than 15 seconds, the automation could kick in until such time as the studio came back online. I'm not sure if that's possible with airtime right now but I shall continue to tinker. :)

Also (and sorry to be a pain), is there a way to have the random tracks play on silence only if there is a show scheduled in the calendar but no content added to that show? (if there is no show scheduled it does nothing)
    Steve
    Post edited by Steve Franklin at 2013-05-28 04:16:08
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    I'm not sure
    I'm searching a way to do that...
  • Hi again Albert,
    Now that I've had a think, what I really need is to be able to do is turn off a live source on silence (not necessarily disconnect the stream though), say after 15 seconds.
    I know you can have auto switch off back to schedule if a source disconnects, but but can airtime do that when there is silence?
    Thankyou
    Steve