Calendar - Repeat-Schedule
  • Hello there,

thanks for airtime! Seems like this could be the software we're searching for. ("We" is a voluntary-run free radio-station in Mannheim, Germany, called bermuda.funk.)

I read that you have fixed the calendar-issue with the monthly shows (http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-4653). That's great!

There's two other features we would need to use airtime as our programm-automation:
    Could you do the same (as for the monthly shows) for the repeat-dates of the shows (in addition to the "+XX Days"-possibility)? *
    Could you add the possibility of having a live-show and a re-run scheduled at the same time? **

That would be great!

Thanks,
    Florian

* If you're curious about why someone should ask for that:
    We have a program-schedule that is the same every month. It is
    weekday-oriented and distinguishes the same weekdays by their
    occurrence in the month -> There's a first, second, third, fourth and sometimes fifth monday every month. So a show may be aired every first, third and - if there is one - fifth thursday of the month at a given time. Or only at the second sunday. Or every monday. Or even only at the fifth tuesday (which results in the show only airing around four or five times a year.)
    If there's no live-show airing, we run re-runs of live-shows (or pre-productions). These re-runs are scheduled like live-shows. So at any given hour of the month there's one specific show (or re-run).

** The airtime-server should be running the scheduled re-runs of our live-shows 24/7. If there's a live-show, it should record it, but also play a re-run of the last live-broadcast of that show. So if someone's ill, the last show she/he did should automatically be aired.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

I read that you have fixed the calendar-issue with the monthly shows (http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-4653). That's great!

There's two other features we would need to use airtime as our programm-automation:
    Could you do the same (as for the monthly shows) for the repeat-dates of the shows (in addition to the "+XX Days"-possibility)? *
    Could you add the possibility of having a live-show and a re-run scheduled at the same time? **
    Hi,
    yet the Live-Show-Record-Repeat-Function is limited to only record the show without live-broadcasting.
    I think you misexpect the same behaviour than I did. Go for this thread for infos http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/21544#Comment_21544
    But the Team is working on a solution, that it works as we expect.
    greetz from austria, hoerich
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hello hoerich,

nice to meet somebody who's also in a community-radio. (Where are you in Austria?)

Thanks for your warning. I had already read that and think, that we could find a workaround by installing another streaming-programme on the server. (Or maybe it is fixed when we're ready to use airtime).
    For us the crucial thing is the programme-schedule. How do you do that? Do you use a different scheduling-system?

Greetings from Mannheim,
    Florian
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

For us the crucial thing is the programme-schedule. How do you do that? Do you use a different scheduling-system?
    Any weekly or bi-weekly recurring show is scheduled normally.
    For monthly (or else) recurring shows, I leave the gaps open.
    Yet we use our old Google-Calender in background and read out which shows have to be scheduled in the current week.
    If no show is planned I create a show and fill it with a webstream to our Playlist-BBC-Shuffling-System (based on foobar2000 until Airtime can handle this on its own).
    If a Live-Show from the Studio is planned, I fill the show with a webstream to our Ogg-Streaming-Server in the Studio. We do suffer heavy delay, but it works fluently!

This is how we arrange our Live-Studio-Situation. Repeatings are done manually yet.
    If you want to take a look at our arrangement, I could give you access as guest to our Airtime-System, so you can take a look. Just PM me...
    And I know the developer of a reliable Open-Source-Hardware-Oggstreamer, so if you need one, take a look at http://networkedblogs.com/KkZP5

I use Airtime for Radio B138 located in Kirchdorf in Upper Austria.
    We work a lot with german Community Radios in Projects. Maybe we could do something in future!?

hearya, hoerich
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.