[RESOLVED THANKS MARTIN!] Problems Trying to Set Up Live Stream
  • Hi again,

I'm trying to test running a live stream using BUTT to connect to Airtime. I notice that whenever I change the stream settings in Airtime and hit save they are not being saved. Any way to fix this OTHER than reinstalling Airtime?

I am also a little confused about the Master Source and Show Source, do bot of those need to be filled in?

In order to use show source does there have to be a show scheduled on the calender? Can I just use Master Source for all live shows since there are currently only 2 of us who need to broadcast live?

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Lisa Forbes at 2013-04-23 21:40:13
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • Ok, so this is juts strange and I can't figure out what I'm missing. I can change the stream label, hit save and it stays but nothing else will. I try to uncheck the enable replay gain but it keeps defaulting back. Same thing when I change the input stream info, I'm sure I must be missing something.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Lisa,

Mastersource & Showstreams are 2 different streams. You don't need to fill in, but I would advise to fill in both.
    The differences are:
    Showsource:
    You can assign a show to a user and this user can connect in the assigned showtime via showsource and using his user&password. (BUTT is not able to handle usernames via icecast/shoutcast, so check mixxx if you need this)
    Mastersource:
    If you connect via Mastersource, you overrule any scheduled Playout at any time.
    At least you can choose to Auto-Connect/-Disconnect-Options under Preferences => Streams
    We use this Option for our Event-Live-Broadcasting with the following settings like this:
    Ogg-Stream via Icecast stream-adress 193.84.28.162:8004/mastersource

I would suggest to use the Mastersource, if you are only 2 ppl to connect.

If you need any further hints or screenshots, just tell me.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Thank you so much Hoerich for the info, that makes it much clearer.

Now, any idea why the settings won't save?

hmm...
    afaik, this settings affect the icecast-service. is this one properly running?
    I would try to stop icecast-service and then retry changing options in Airtime.
    "sudo service icecast2 stop" the try to change the settings and then start it again
    "sudo service icecast2 start"

but I'm not sure if these settings do also affect other services
    I did not find the options in sudo nano /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq, where I suspected them.

hopefully another user/mod can help us out with this.
    I will search for it further this afternoon...
  • Thanks as always. I will try that. I did try disabling the stream and then chaging the settings but that didn't work either. I'm feeling nervous because I'm scheduled to relaunch my station on 5/7 with my first live show and I can't get this working : (
  • Tried stopping icecast and changing the settings but no luck : (
    I'm off-board a few days...
    All I could advise now is that reinstalling airtime is done in a few minutes.
    http://en.flossmanuals.net/airtime-en-2-3/backing-up-the-server
    http://en.flossmanuals.net/airtime/manual-installation/
    Post edited by hoerich at 2013-04-22 05:06:18
  • Hi Lisa,

Please try saving the stream settings, and then immediately after do

tail -30 /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log

from the command-line. Feel free to send the message to me in private if there's any sensitive data.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin and thanks! I sent you a PM.
  • SOLUTION: Per Martin
    There's a problem with Debian Squeeze and RabbitMq after a server restart. You have to manually start it with the "sudo service rabbitmq-server restart" command. If you ever use Ubuntu or the upcoming Debian Wheezy, this problem won't happen anymore.
  • Thanks !
  • I am on Ubuntu 12.04 and I am having the same issue with none of my changes being saved. As well, any media being added does not show in Library. Is there a solution?
    Post edited by Keith Walters at 2014-08-26 19:20:57
  • Hi Keith,

Hope by now your problem has been solved. What browser are you using for Airtime? I have found it does not like Chrome and will not save your changes, at least mine won't. Try another browser before fiddling with the settings.