Icecast KH
  • I'd like to swap out icecast2 for the kh branch, can someone point out where are the files located that point to the icecast install in airtime or suggest a way for me to swap them ?

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Mike, the Icecast install is totally separate from Airtime, it doesn't even have to be on the same machine. I'm guessing you have installed the version of Icecast that is part of your server distro, is that right? Please provide details of the distro and the installed Icecast version.
  • Here is a AMD64 package of icecast-kh11 for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  You can download it and then "sudo dpkg -i icecast2_2.3.3-kh11-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb". Works for me.

If you want to build your own (or port it to another Ubuntu or Debian version), here's the source needed to do it:
    To build download the above, then "dpkg-source -x icecast2_2.3.3-kh11-0ubuntu1.dsc", then "sudo apt-get build-dep icecast2" and "sudo apt-get install fakeroot", cd into the directory, "debuild -us -uc",  and then the deb will be sitting there you can from there "sudo dpkg -i" it.

It'd be nice if this could get into Debian officially, maybe as a different package name. But then airtime would have to make sure it doesn't depend on icecast2.
    Post edited by muhoo at 2014-09-11 22:48:48