Live Shows With Airtime and BUTT
  • My plan is to use Airtime to run a playlist 24/7 and then use BUTT to do live talk shows. My question is since Airtime is installed on a VPS with no sound card there is no way for us to hear the output and know when to start the live show. Can anyone explain the best way to do this?

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Do you have Access to the Airtime-Webpage from your studio via Web Browser?
    Then you see when Airtime switches to Live-Source.
    If you want to avoid gaps, remember to count the delay of butt streaming to Airtime and start your show X seconds (delay-time) earlier as Airtime switches to Live-Source. And finish X seconds sooner!

If you don't have Access to Airtime-Playout-Windows, I would suggest to place an analog clock in the studio, timed X seconds earlier than Airtime-Time.

greetz
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • @hoerich that makes a lot of sense. I didn't even consider the fact that I could monitor the switch. I'll just need to practice to make the transition smooth.

Thanks!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    this is much easier to realize, when you connect the studio via Webstream instead of Airtime-Built-In-Master-or-Show-Sources.
    I explained our handling here http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/22842#Comment_22842

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.