Airtime Hardware/Software setup?
  • Is there a link to the "Airtime Box"? I couldn't find anything on the website and would like to know more about it. 

Also, I was wondering if there is detailed documentation other then the attached image in regards to hardware / software setups for stations interested in a non cloud based solutions. 

I'm interested in starting an all internet station that would be live 50% of the time and automated the other 50% of the time. Airtime seems perfect for automation but I'm having trouble conceptualizing the live portion and how Airtime fits into the picture. 

The testing I've done so far has included two machines, one for Airtime and one for "Studio A". The audio library is located on a USB network drive connected to the "Studio A" computer. The "Studio A" computer is running Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTD. 

I've mounted the network drive to Airtime and changed the Airtime library to a directory located on the network drive.  When I want to broadcast live I use a tool like "Mixxx" to stream from the "Studio A" machine to the Airtime server. This seems counter intuitive to me since both machines are located in the same location. It also seems like there should be a way to cue songs from Airtime during live broadcast rather than using Mixxx and the shared library on the network drive. This way Airtime would know exactly what songs is being played because they are already indexed in the PostrgeSQL DB.

Hope this makes sense and if you have any information regarding actual working hardware setups I would greatly appreciate it as it would be extremely helpful in wrapping my mind around how all this stuff works.

Thanks,
    Ben   
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    afaik, Airtime's roots are in running it directly on a webserver in a storage-center, to manage it remotely and let other people do live-shows via streaming. this causes the actulal behaviour.
    so for v2.4 there is planned to implement a physical-input, which would change a lot.
    see http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-1956 or search the dev-section
    hopefully there will be an input for Studio A and Studio B! wait a few weeks, and the next version will be released.
    fg
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.