Auto jingles etc.
  • I know it's been asked before, but I'd just like to keep hope alive.  I'd love to see a way to automatically throw in adverts, jingles, station ID's etc. Separate from the playlist, at preprogrammed intervals (such as: play 4 songs, play a few adverts, top of the hour play Station ID, like that).  I can insert these into a running playlist, but if I shuffle it, they will be out of place, and it becomes time consuming if I am going to be away for a few days and need to program multiple playlists over multiple days.

Thanks guys.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • I know it's been asked before, but I'd just like to keep hope alive.  I'd love to see a way to automatically throw in adverts, jingles, station ID's etc. Separate from the playlist, at preprogrammed intervals (such as: play 4 songs, play a few adverts, top of the hour play Station ID, like that).  I can insert these into a running playlist, but if I shuffle it, they will be out of place, and it becomes time consuming if I am going to be away for a few days and need to program multiple playlists over multiple days.

Thanks guys.

Considering that airtime is classed as a professional based automation system, it fails to meet the legal requirements for station identification, 

id love to continue using airtime, but i feel that unless an update comes soon adding this feature and adverts, im going to have to find an alternative, 

given that some of the tech's behind airtime worked on big competitor's such as sam broadcaster, radio jar , its a bit of a let down 

can anyone givve a time scale as to when this is going to be made open to the public, 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    you can do a part of that
    if you modify your ls_script.liq

you have examples in the last posts...
  • Will look into that, appreciate it.
  • People have been asking this for literally years.
    You can achieved legality by manually scheduling the information.
    As it it Open Source you could modify it yourself (or pay someone else to).
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • "Some of the tech's behind airtime worked on big competitor's such as SAMs broadcaster"
    Unfortunate statement

Sam had a open policy to integrate PAL scripts in earlier days,(do not know if now).but anybody who use SAMS b4 ,2009,saw that they could achieve all that it offered by using Itunes.
    Some people even laugh at you to use it

I even have to pull teeth to have some people moved from this approach with Itunes to Airtime.

This can be solved so easy.not even take 5 minutes good.
    • Bam a one-line modification on whatever my watch folder is or any folder
    • Two lets say I want a Station ID at the TOH.I create a block(or whatever minutes in the show schedule) Linked it and repeat it

The only problem you have to create it 24 times (same thing I have to do in Rivendell and many other broadcaster software)

Airtime Just need an option that say hourly it create a show for those hour.

Here is this cry.

A client of mine bought a computer online (to go back to school after a number of not attending),when they received it,it required a few clicks an wow the beautiful screen comes up.then the cry.

"It do not have Word,Excel and Powerpoint. as the school required,I am calling the company"

There I burst in Laughter.They did call the company and go to the school and the result is the same"

You have to buy those and install it.

So the point is "Even manner from heaven need something to receive it"

Lesson to Learn"You have to do something for yourself "

• The more you do the more knowledge

or

• cry loud You will get a free gift here wrapped up

Except the monthly online SAMS you a have to do a few things for yourself.

The biggest complain Autodj can be solved in 5 minutes,Yes 5 minutes .Maybe a few hours if you cry too much

VOISSES

I have ate Some Peanuts

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-09-08 15:45:57
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.