Some problems after upgrading to Newscoop 4.0.4
  • Hello everyone.

I need some help. I did an upgrade from Newscoop 3.5.3
    to 4.0.4 in a test machine and everything was fine until I opened an article
    for testing purposes and got this message:

This article had the “Published” status, so I went to
    the article list and put it on “New” and this allowed me to edit the article.

Another problem that I found was in the User administration interface. First I got this message:

And then this:

After this, I couldn't find the list of staff users unless I use the Search option.

Finally, don't know if this is a problem or a cache option, but when I edit a css file, the changes don't take effect. This is not the case with the templates, is only with the css files.

I'm working with Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS and did a fresh Newscoop installation and then a backup-restore from a Newscoop 3.5.3 backup file.

Best regards.

Post edited by Roberto Centeno at 2013-01-16 20:31:44
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • hi,

as for the seo there might be workaround - try to edit publication settings and there uncheck checkboxes next to search engine optimization (article title, article keywords, article topics). one of those must generate the issue. we will try to fix it in next release.

this other problem is related to managing users or authors?

• Hi Roberto,

For some reason the upgrade didn't run the sql script which creates that missing column. Run this against your database:

ALTER TABLE  `Images` ADD  `is_updated_storage` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0',
    ADD INDEX (  `is_updated_storage`, `Location`, `ImageFileName` );

It would be good if you send us a dump of your schema, only tables without data, so that we can check it out and check if all changes were applied or not. Send it via e-mail if possible.

All Best,

• hi,

if you don't use newscoop statistics you should switch it off in settings, but if you do there is info in manual:

If you add a Multi-line Text with WYSIWYG field, you have the option to mark the field Is Content, using a checkbox. This means that each time this particular field is served by Newscoop, it counts as a page read for statistical purposes. This box should be unchecked for fields that are to be displayed as 'teasers' on publication front pages and section pages, to avoid counting article reads which did not really happen.
  • Hi, Petr.

All of them were unchecked but I checked "Article title" and now it's working :D

The other problem is related to authors.

As for the css problem, I figured out what the problem was. I edited the css in the Available themes tab instead of the publication tab . I didn't know that Newscoop makes a copy of the theme directory inside the publication directory.
    Post edited by Roberto Centeno at 2013-01-18 12:01:28
  • The problem with authors is solved now. It was an imported author from the backup. I guess the name had a special character that couldn't be imported properly, because it had something like a script in the name. Just changed the name and now is working.

I found another problem in the playlist section of the admin panel. I suppose it's a css problem, but not sure: 

It happens in Chrome and Firefox.
    Post edited by Roberto Centeno at 2013-01-20 22:56:36
  • Hi Roberto,

Have you tried to clean browser cache? If not, send us more details of the platform (OS, Browsers, versions), that would be really helpful for us to work on the fix. Thanks !

Any other issue to report after upgrading?

All Best,
  • Hi, Holman!

Yes, I have tried to clean the cache with no results. I get this problem in Chrome 24.0.1312.52 and Firefox 18.0.1 for Windows 7, also in Chrome 22.0.1229.94 and Firefox 12 for Linux Mint 13.

Right now I'm getting this message just after log in:

"The requested content cannot be loaded.
    Please try again later."

I guess this is because you're doing some maintenance tasks on your servers and cannot connect to the Sourcefabric feeds. Could you please confirm this?

• Found another issue. When I try to add a new image to an article I got this message: 

"An error occurred
    Application error"

Added this line to .htaccess: SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "development"

Got this: 

Información de excepción:

Type: PDOException 
    Code: 42S21 
    Message: SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'is_default' 
    File: /var/www/newscoop/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php : 732

Ordenar rastro:

#0 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(732): PDO->exec('ALTER TABLE Art...')
    #1 /var/www/newscoop/library/Newscoop/Image/ImageService.php(331): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->exec('ALTER TABLE Art...')
    #2 /var/www/newscoop/library/Newscoop/Image/ImageService.php(157): Newscoop\Image\ImageService->updateSchema('10482')
    #3 /var/www/newscoop/application/modules/admin/controllers/ImageController.php(70): Newscoop\Image\ImageService->findByArticle('10482')
    #4 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Admin_ImageController->articleAttachAction()
    #5 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('articleAttachAc...')
    #6 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #7 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #8 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #9 /var/www/newscoop/public/index.php(5): Zend_Application->run()
    #10 /var/www/newscoop/admin.php(4): require_once('/var/www/newsco...')
    #11 {main}

Exigir Parámetros:

array (
    'module' => 'admin',
    'controller' => 'image',
    'action' => 'article-attach',
    'article_number' => '10482',
    'language_id' => '13',
    )
  • hey, can u go to that newscoop/library/Newscoop/Image/ImageService.php file and on line 331 instead of:

$this->orm->getConnection..

put there:

throw $e;

that should give you an error more related to the problem. and pls post it here
  • Here's what I got:

Información de excepción:

Type: PDOException 
    Code: 42S22 
    Message: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 't5.is_updated_storage' in 'field list' 
    File: /var/www/newscoop/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php : 613

Ordenar rastro:

#0 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(613): PDOStatement->execute()
    #1 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Persisters/BasicEntityPersister.php(570): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT t0.NrArt...', Array, Array)
    #2 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/EntityRepository.php(181): Doctrine\ORM\Persisters\BasicEntityPersister->load(Array)
    #3 /var/www/newscoop/library/Newscoop/Image/ImageService.php(328): Doctrine\ORM\EntityRepository->findOneBy(Array)
    #4 /var/www/newscoop/library/Newscoop/Image/ImageService.php(157): Newscoop\Image\ImageService->updateSchema('10482')
    #5 /var/www/newscoop/application/modules/admin/controllers/ImageController.php(70): Newscoop\Image\ImageService->findByArticle('10482')
    #6 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Admin_ImageController->articleAttachAction()
    #7 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('articleAttachAc...')
    #8 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #9 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #10 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #11 /var/www/newscoop/public/index.php(5): Zend_Application->run()
    #12 /var/www/newscoop/admin.php(4): require_once('/var/www/newsco...')
    #13 {main}

Exigir Parámetros:

array (
    'module' => 'admin',
    'controller' => 'image',
    'action' => 'article-attach',
    'article_number' => '10482',
    'language_id' => '13',
    )

Also, I'm getting this message just after login
    This happened when .htaccess was modified.
  • Thanks, Holman! Now is working.

I'll send you the dump file in a minute.
  • Hi all,

I found another issue a few days ago, but not reported it because of the recent Newscoop 4.1 release, so I waited for a possible fix, but the user Jansel reported the same issue in the 4.1 version.

This issue adds a script in the html of an article and seems like affects public user profiles too. The script looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var stats_getHTTPObject_10526_es = function () {
    var xhr = false;
    if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {
    xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();
    } else if (window.ActiveXObject) {
    try {
    xhr = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
    } catch(e) {
    try {
    xhr = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
    } catch(e) {
    xhr = false;
    }
    }
    }
    return xhr;
    };

var stats_submit_10526_es = function () {
    if (undefined !== window.statistics_request_sent__10526_es) {
    return;
    }
    window.statistics_request_sent__10526_es = true;

var stats_request = stats_getHTTPObject_10526_es();
    stats_request.onreadystatechange = function() {};

var read_date = new Date();
    var read_path = "_statistics/reader/1/";
    var request_randomizer = "" + read_date.getTime() + Math.random();
    var stats_url = "http://192.168.1.66/" + read_path + "4529/";
    try {
    stats_request.open("GET", stats_url + "?randomizer=" + request_randomizer, true);
    stats_request.send(null);
    /* not everybody has jquery installed
    $.ajax({
    url: stats_url,
    data: {randomizer: request_randomizer},
    success: function() {}
    });
    */
    } catch (e) {}
    };
    stats_submit_10526_es();
    -->
    Somehow, some fragments of this script repeat in the html and this breaks the article's code so the page doesn't look the way it should be.

I figured out that if you turn off the option "Automatic collection of statistics: (*)", in the System preferences, the problem disappear.

If something can help you, both publications (Jansel and mine) are in spanish.

All best.
    Post edited by Roberto Centeno at 2013-02-01 13:59:58