Change Airtime db password
  • Hi mates, first of all thanks for this great piece of software. 
    I have one question, id like to change the default password, and or user of the airtime postgresql database in order to keep it more secure. I tried to change it on my server and in the config file /etc/airtime/airtime.conf but i get this error when trying to log in:

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "airtime" FATAL: password authentication failed for user "airtime"
    #0 /usr/share/php/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Pgsql.php(87): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
    #1 /usr/share/php/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(832): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Pgsql->_connect()
    #2 /usr/share/php/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(902): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->quote('adsds', NULL)
    #3 /usr/share/php/Zend/Auth/Adapter/DbTable.php(401): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->quoteInto('"pass" = MD5(?)', 'whateverpasshere')
    #4 /usr/share/php/Zend/Auth/Adapter/DbTable.php(331): Zend_Auth_Adapter_DbTable->_authenticateCreateSelect()
    #5 /usr/share/php/Zend/Auth.php(117): Zend_Auth_Adapter_DbTable->authenticate()
    #6 /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/LoginController.php(52): Zend_Auth->authenticate(Object(Zend_Auth_Adapter_DbTable))
    #7 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Action.php(513): LoginController->indexAction()
    #8 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
    #9 /usr/share/php/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #10 /usr/share/php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #11 /usr/share/php/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
    #12 /usr/share/airtime/public/index.php(64): Zend_Application->run()
    #13 {main}
    What am i doing wrong, im pretty sure that i changed the airtime user password successfully.
    Post edited by Xabier Arrabal at 2013-01-06 16:46:58
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I found the solution, in case someone else like to change the default airtime postgresql password, once the software is installed and running:

1- change the password for airtime in your postgresql database.
    2- Modify the dbpass with the new password in the file /etc/airtime/airtime.conf
    3- run airtime-update-db-settings in the console.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    that's the good way :-)