Development request -- updates to AirTime using debian method break AirTime during installation
  • I have AirTime functioning properly; however, upgrading to a new version is a real pain because my Apache settings are overwritten.  These are the steps to replicate the error message below. 
    1. Use AirTime on port 8080.
    2. Upgrade AirTime to a newer version using the automated Debian method installation. 
    3. After the upgrade, the error below appears.  I corrected the error by editing api_client.cfg and airtime.conf to port 80 and running apt-get install.  This removes the dpkg error.  
    It would be nice if AirTime would not overwrite the apache settings during an upgrade using the Debian method.

*** Verifying your system environment, running airtime-check-system ***
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = UNKNOWN
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = UNKNOWN
    OS                             = Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS i686
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = A
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log
    -- 2012-12-16 20:23:55,140 DEBUG - [api_client.py : get_response_from_server() : line 92] - http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/IWVZ8ARD0NYWNQ9KFDRD
    -- 2012-12-16 20:23:55,140 ERROR - [api_client.py : get_response_from_server() : line 110] - Error connecting to server, waiting 5 seconds and trying again.
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,446 ERROR - [api_client.py : get_response_from_server() : line 88] - Error Authenticating with remote server: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,446 DEBUG - [api_client.py : get_response_from_server() : line 92] - http://localhost:80/api/version/api_key/IWVZ8ARD0NYWNQ9KFDRD
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,446 ERROR - [api_client.py : get_response_from_server() : line 110] - Error connecting to server, waiting 5 seconds and trying again.
    -- 
    -- 
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    -- 
    -- 
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 0
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,177 DEBUG - [Thread-2] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 92 - http://localhost:80/api/list-all-watched-dirs/format/json/api_key/IWVZ8ARD0NYWNQ9KFDRD
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,177 ERROR - [Thread-2] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 110 - Error connecting to server, waiting 5 seconds and trying again.
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,381 ERROR - [MainThread] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 88 - Error Authenticating with remote server: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,381 DEBUG - [MainThread] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 92 - http://localhost:80/api/media-monitor-setup/format/json/api_key/IWVZ8ARD0NYWNQ9KFDRD
    -- 2012-12-16 20:24:00,381 ERROR - [MainThread] [api_client.py : get_response_from_server()] : LINE 110 - Error connecting to server, waiting 5 seconds and trying again.
    -- 
    -- 
    RABBITMQ_PROCESS_ID            = FAILED
    RABBITMQ_RUNNING_SECONDS       = 0
    RABBITMQ_MEM_PERC              = 0%
    RABBITMQ_CPU_PERC              = 0%
    -- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime installation.
    dpkg: error processing airtime (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     airtime
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    your problem is perhaps not this one

try this :

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

anyway be careful with your host name
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2012-12-17 04:22:09
  • No, the problem is that the apache virtualhost is overwritten every time AirTime is updated. The two cfg files in etc/airtime still use port 8080. When we update the airtime virtualhost in apache and run "apt-get dist-upgrade" the file is still overwritten and we still see a "dpkg error" at the end of the update. This is what I mean by its a pain to upgrade Airtime when not using port 80.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    ok, that's not exactly the same thing ;-)

you're right, that's really a mess
    and that's the same thing for the ls_script.liq ...
  • I have the same issue as I have a modified vhost and ls_script, however this happens even if I install some other (unrelated) package through Apt.

All I can do right now is have backups of my modified files copied back via a script after any change.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    effectively, as others app, airtime would ask if we want to overwrite these files...
    that will be a important feature for the next versions :D