Newscoop On Shared Host On Hostagator
  • I am curious if there is a tutorial on how to install on a shared host.

I have SSH access and have looked over the manual. I just seem stuck at the starting line. I am currently using VIVVO and would love to switch over to Newscoop.

Thanks for any help I can get
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi:

The "easy" way of installing Newscoop on a shared box is to just upload all the files via FTP, create a Mysql Database and then open yourdomain.com/folder/ in your browser. If you are lucky, you will see the install screen. If you are not lucky, you will see a blank page meaning that something is wrong and needs to get cheked (php version or some other requierement).

If you encounter errors or blank page during install, you can check the error_log file in the yourdomain.com/folder/install/ dir.

Since you are on a shared environment, you can't modify your php.ini but
    you can do it via htaccess, depending on the error you get.

Best luck

Post edited by Oscar at 2012-12-12 10:59:23
  • Ok this is from the error log

[12-Dec-2012 13:21:46] PHP Warning: require_once(__DIR__/../application.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jamcojay/public_html/news/install/index.php on line 16
    [12-Dec-2012 13:21:46] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '__DIR__/../application.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jamcojay/public_html/news/install/index.php on line 16

Thank you for responding
  • Ok I give up...

Ive tried everything to get this to work...

Ive abandoned trying..