Subdirectory support for Airtime
  • Now wait a moment before you think that this is just another 'how do I get Airtime to run in a subdirectory' discussion - it's not. I come to you with the solution to that problem, aka a working script that converts the Airtime files to run successfully in a subdirectory. Before I start posting my scripts, I need to ask - where is the best place to post this? In this forum, or submit it as a bug? Or perhaps there is another, more suitable method?

Also - which tests should I run on the resulting Airtime to make sure the thing works fully? I have already tested the basics like uploading files, setting up an output stream, adding users, scheduling shows + scheduling music, but are there any other features that might cause problems? Thanks in advance.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Is no-one from the Sourcefabric team interested in getting subdirectory support for Airtime? I know it was on the agenda to be developed at some point, but I have a working solution right here - which could be integrated into the project. I just need to know what else needs to be tested to make sure it works properly, and where is the best place to submit the scripts.
  • Hi Rob,

Are you on Github? You can add your scripts there for us to take a look.
    We have this feature implemented and scheduled for the 2.3 release. However, it's really great that you did this and are willing to share it with us. So thank you for that :) We would love to see how you did it exactly.

For further testing purposes, you can go through each menu and sub-menu options and make sure each of it's components are working. For example, on the Library page make sure you can create smart blocks, playlists, and webstreams. Also, check for javascript errors in Firebug or Chrome developer tools.
  • My git project is at https://github.com/Xenopathic/karoshi-dev/tree/master/airtime-subdirectory-mod. It does seem that Airtime 2.3 does have some, if not all changes for subdirectory support though - although it seems to be implemented in a rather different manner. Who knows - this might be of use yet.
  • Hi Rob!

Apologies for not seeing your post earlier, this is impressive work! I took a quick look through the code and it appears you simply sed through the code base and replace any root path with the appropriate subdirectory. It is unfortunate we applied our own changes a few weeks ago, your patch would have done just fine.

If you find yourself scratching any other of your itches with Airtime, let us know and we'd happy to help you out in the future.

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • It's odd that I missed the changes in your FishEye repo - I did check there first to make sure I wasn't redoing work. Then again my 'dev' copy was just airtime-2.2.0, so I guess I missed the more recent commits. I hope that other parts of my scripts can be useful to you in some way, like for example creating a 'move webroot' script.