Airtime 2.2.0 Media Watch
  • We prefer not to depend on automatic organisation of our media. Which is why we avoided iTunes and started using Airtime 1.x and scripted our ls_script.liq to deal with now scheduled shows. We don't mind having to recreate the cfg file after every upgrade.

Up to Airtime 2.1 we simply dragged a newly released MP3 track into our folder /music/media/2013 (/music/ is the watched folder) the track was imported instantly. Just before we upgraded we dropped 10 files in and they were added to the database. After upgrading to v2.2 the imported, organize, recorded and problem_file folders appeared and when we add new tracks to the 2013 folder nothing happened.

We did the following via the consol;
    sudo service airtime-media-monitor restart
    sudo service airtime-media-monitor stop
    sudo service airtime-media-monitor start
    airtime-import-media --watch-list --> this said no watch folders found but on using the add command said the /music/ folder exists
    chmod -R 775 the folder
    chmod g+rX the folder
    chmod -R 777 the folder

Via the browser I tried to add /2013/ which didn't work because it was within the /music/. I read in another post someone edit the meta data of one file via the Library and the flashing import graphic in the browser activated. I tried that and it did not happen. The machine has been rebooted today and still nothing.

Today, as a test, I  dropped the 2013 folder into the organize folder and the graphics started on the browser. However, it throws the files into import and organised them in a very unable format to us. This proves that he Watch folder does work.

The questions...
    1. What has changed between 2.1 and 2.2 to cause this behaviour to the Watch folder process and is there a switch to turn it off?
    2. If it is perm change can we control the folder structure
    Post edited by MinistryofSoca at 2012-11-10 14:35:18
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Oh I forgot I re-installed v2.2 three times.
  • Hi,

This is the Newscoop Support forum, you should move your message to the Airtime Support Forum.

Regards
  • Gonna have to roll back v2.1.3 nothing is being uploaded even though new tracks are being added to the folder /Music/2013/
  • ooh, here is a thought. was there any database structure changes in version 2.2.0?
  • hold th ephone... where is this Rescan watched folders button?
  • Okay I have now resolved this issue. If you altered the Import folder, in my case /Music/...
    1. change /Music/ back to /srv/airtime/stor or create another folder and use that as the Import folder
    2. Add /Music/ to the Watch folder list.

It seems as though it is no longer possible to have your own structure within the Import folder.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    You can
    but rights would be respected
    user is www-data